Let Him Cook!

Over the next couple of weeks, Alexis had spent more time exploring London, by herself and also with either Oscar or Lily, whenever they could fit it into their schedule.

Preseason was ramping up for Oscar at McLaren; he was hitting the gym a lot more as well as spending plenty of time at McLaren HQ in meetings or racing on the simulators. She figured this was the case for Lando too, as she hadn't heard from him since that day they went karting.

Despite her best efforts, Alexis found herself feeling slightly disappointed. She started to second guess what she was really getting herself into; what with giving her phone number to Lando. She needed to be a bit more careful and protect herself; however she was finding it extremely difficult to resist him.

Like thinking about him suddenly summoned him, her phone buzzed in her hand.

Unknown
hey wyd tonight
Maybe: Lando
it's Lando btw

Alexis Piastri
Hello Norris
Alexis Piastri
I'm not doing
anything tonight

Lando Norris
I'm picking you up
at 5 then

Alexis Piastri
What are we doing?

Lando Norris
just be ready

Alexis huffed, locking her phone and placing it down. Part of her secretly loved how he was so authoritative and didn't take no for an answer, but it also meant she felt like she was just a passenger in this situation. She had no control and no power; it was him in the drivers seat.

Without checking the time difference in Australia, Alexis FaceTimed Erin, praying she would pick up. Erin was always the girl Alexis would go to for any advice on clothing; she was extremely knowledgeable with fashion and could style the most perfect outfits, which is exactly what Alexis needed right now. She had no idea what to wear later tonight. How are you supposed to dress when an F1 driver is coming to pick you up and you have no idea where he'd be taking you or what you're going to be doing? Would she even classify this as a date? Or is this just two mates hanging out?

Snapping her out of her daze, was Erin clicking her fingers through the phone as she said, "Hello? Earth to Alexis?"

"Oh, Ez! Hey!" Alexis' face softened at the sight of her, placing her phone on the bedside table as she sat cross-legged on her bed.

"What were you just thinking about? Your face was so serious." Erin asked.

Alexis hesitated, not really sure on where to start, before saying, "Ah, it's a long story. I just need help with picking an outfit for something tonight if you have the time."

"Yeah, of course. What's happening tonight?" Erin asked, as through the screen Alexis could see she was settling herself on her couch.

"Oh, I'm just hanging with a friend. But I don't really know what we're doing or where we're going." Alexis tried to give as little detail as possible.

Erin raised an eyebrow, "A male friend?"

Alexis bit her lip, "Maybe."

"What! Who?! You have to tell me!"

"Oh, it's no one. He's just a friend. But I need your help with what to wear, please! I need to get ready because he's going to be here soon." Alexis responded, as she began to nervously chew on her fingernails.