New Beginnings

Alexis Piastri was the older sister of newly appointed Formula 1 McLaren driver, Oscar Piastri. She was born and raised in Melbourne, Australia, by a mostly supportive and happy family. The girl excelled in school, was surrounded by good friends, and had a healthy dating life.

After studying at the University of Melbourne for 3 years, she successfully completed a Bachelor of Media and Communication, launching straight into a full-time job with a publishing firm in the CBD at the age of twenty-one. She was highly successful within her job, being promoted to project manager rather quickly.

Alexis had been with her boyfriend, Tom Porter, for two years. He was a civil engineer, who was kind, respectful, and slotted right in with her family and friends. Everyone loved him.

Alexis' life was fine. Just fine.

But, the girl wanted more. She wanted to feel something. Instead of following the status quo and continuing to do what was expected of her, Alexis decided to make a change. At the age of twenty-four, she broke up with her boyfriend. Tom was confused, and hurt. So hurt. He didn't see it coming. The boy thought she was happy, and truly, she was. But she was just comfortable.

Alexis knew Tom was absolutely perfect on paper. He was marriage material, but he wasn't her husband. She wanted the kind of love that took your breath away every time you so much as made eye contact, the kind of love that makes your stomach flip, and for it to feel like every time she was with her person it was like they were the only two in the room. She wanted to be so in love she felt insane.

You may have thought that if Alexis wanted to make a change she would have stopped there, but she figured if she was going to do this, she was going all in. After working her ass off since graduating, she had enough leave and enough savings to take an entire year of work. After that year off, Alexis would have to reassess if this really was the job she wanted to be in for the rest of her life, or if she could find something that really sets her soul on fire.

All it took was one phone call to Oscar, and Alexis was saying goodbye to the life she once knew, and catching a flight to Heathrow to join her brother for the 2023 season of Formula 1.

Some said the girl was having a quarter-life-crisis, or that she was self-sabotaging her life, however, Alexis had thought this through. She'd assessed the risks, and realised that the pros were far outweighing the cons. She wouldn't have a chance to do something like this again, to see the world alongside her brother, who she adored so much.

So, full of optimism and hope, Alexis boarded her flight, immediately wincing when she realised she'd been sat right next to a couple with a screaming baby who wouldn't settle.

Not letting it get to her, Alexis placed her headphones over her ears, and texted her brother.

Lex 🤪
Hey, just boarded!
Lex 🤪
You still coming to
pick me up? X

Osc 🤠
Yeah
Osc 🤠
Just let me know
when you've landed

Lex 🤪
"Have a safe flight
Lex!"
Lex 🤪
Oh thank you so
much Osc!
Lex 🤪
Appreciate it!

Osc 🤠
Have a safe flight

Lex 🤪
🙄

———🏎️———

alexis_piastri has posted!