5. fighting montage go !

the next meeting was the first that actually consisted of fighting per say

the next meeting was the first that actually consisted of fighting per say. you all stood in a circle formation as two girls fought against each other in the center of it at a time. mr. g was sorta like the referee you could say, but he mostly just stood there while you guys threw punches at each other. the first two to fight were josie and pj, then brittany and annie, hazel and isabel, and you against sylvie. you didn't want to lie but you were nervous about your fight considering sylvie was more than enthusiastic about the whole punching thing.

hazel was there to give you some encouragement as well as isabel and brittany after their turns. you breathed out making your way to center of the circle. just like the previous fights, you two slowly walked around the circle in the beginning getting a feel for each other. you slowly started to make your way closer to the middle which sylvie took notice and didn't hesitate to run up and try to throw a punch. luckily you were able to dodge to the side before successfully grabbing her fist, redirecting her force she came at you with to push her away.

she stumbled a bit before coming back with force which caused you to panic and you threw your fist out which successfully collided against her face. you heard her groan before she fell back.

" oh shit sorry." you mumbled, moving forward to check on her before you heard the sound of clapping around you. you smiled awkwardly as sylvie sat up with your help before she praised you on your punch.

" that was amazing, y/n. you sure know how to fight huh ?" she smiled enthusiastically while covering her nose which was probably bleeding. you chuckled nervously before helping her to stand up. you shook each other's hand then you moved back to your spot next to hazel in the circle.

alongside the club meetings, mr g had started to focus more on topics about feminism which made you happy and you made sure that you and hazel studied for the tests he usually made at the end of the week

this time around for the fight club meeting you were paired up against hazel which you mentally groaned at considering she somehow knew a bit about taekwondo. as you walked to meet each other, you saw pj obviously wink towards hazel and mouthed " thank me later". you shook your head as you focused on the fight ahead.