11. best friends to lovers trope

fortunately enough, after hazel was taken to get checked up at the nurse's office, she was admitted to the medical center where your mom worked at

fortunately enough, after hazel was taken to get checked up at the nurse's office, she was admitted to the medical center where your mom worked at. hazel had to stay home from school for the next few days to let her body and nose heal from the beat down she received at the rally. you originally didn't want to leave her alone at home and were willing to skip home to stay with her, but your mother convinced you to attend school.

it probably also helped that your mom said she would make sure to check in with mrs. callahan on hazel's condition while you were at school during the day. your new routine become waking up, going to school, telling the girls from fight club updates in hazel's condition, going to hazel's house after school, and then back home once it got late. during school, you did notice that it seemed pj and josie had a falling out considering every time they saw each other in the halls, pj would turn around to avoid josie like she was a virus.

brittany mentioned that isabel had gotten back with jeff during lunch one day which made you disappointed, but you could understand where isabel was coming from in a sense. still, it made you feel sick knowing your friend was with the guy who probably knew what tim had planned at the rally. though if he didn't know, it wouldn't surprise you given his track record of being an idiot, that and tim seemed like jeff's number one defender against anything.

today, you went over to hazel's house early since it was the weekend, plus the girls and you had planned to watch fight club together. you arrived early to help out mrs. callahan with the snacks and to check in on your girlfriend's wellbeing. you made sure to bring a get-well soon gift for her, buying a few of her favorite things.

you fixed your outfit as you waited for the door to open after ringing the bell. you looked over yourself making sure you had everything, your arm was starting to hurt from all the bags you brought. you were gonna stay over the night with hazel now that she was more better than the last few days.

mrs. callahan opened the door, smiling at you.

" y/n ! come in, dear. she just woke up from her nap, oh here let me help you with this," mrs. callahan grabbed the tote bag you brought with some desserts you made with your mom. you thanked her and entered the house once she opened the door wider for you.

" thank you, mrs. callahan. how is she ?" you two walked over to the kitchen which was connected to the living room.

" is that y/n ?" you heard hazel's sleepy voice, as you two entered the kitchen. you smiled, placing your handbag and keys on the counter before setting the small duffel bag you brought for staying over down under the breakfast counter. mrs. callahan waved you off to go with hazel.

" i'll take care of this. she needs you, lord knows how many times i heard her mumble about missing you," mrs. callahan pointed to the desserts you brought, shaking her head at her last comment.

you laughed softly before moving towards the living room, walking near the couch that was facing the tv. you saw hazel laying across the couch with her head being supported by a throw pillow. hazel lazily opened her eyes, smiling softly seeing you as she opened her arms for you to move closer.