9. kiss a friend !

you had finally made it hazel's house you searched for her on campus for 15 minutes before someone had mentioned to you that she already left school, taking the bus

you had finally made it hazel's house you searched for her on campus for 15 minutes before someone had mentioned to you that she already left school, taking the bus. you exited your car, walking quickly towards the front door. you knocked aggressively and ringed the doorbell, looking up to sky waiting for someone to come and open the door.

the door finally clicked and opened with mrs. callahan smiling at you. you got deja vu from the beginning of the year when you came to pick hazel up for the fair.

" hello mrs. callahan, umm please tell me hazel's home," you huffed out, trying to look behind her in case hazel was roaming around the house. she furrowed her brows at you, confused why you looked so concerned.

" oh yeah dear, she's here. come on inside, she's up in her room i'm pretty sure. you can head on up," mrs. callahan opened the door wider to let you pass her. you thanked her before speed-walking into the house and jogging up the stairs. you made your way to where hazel's room was and lightly knocked on her day. you could hear light crying though it sounded muffled.

" hazel, it's me....y/n. can i come inside ?" you knocked once more after announcing that it was your presence outside the door. you messed around with the outfit you had on today, hoping she would open the door for you. you heard some shuffling around before the door clicked and was opened very slowly. you could only see half of her face but you noticed the tear stains on her face. the eye you could see was red and puffy from crying, you felt yourself tear up seeing her in such a state.

" can i come in," you asked softly, pointing to the inside of room. she nodded solemnly, leaving the door open and falling face first onto her bed. you walked in closing the door behind, looking around her room. you made your way over to her bed and sat on the side patting her head, hearing her muffled sniffling against the pillow she was using.

you both sat there for awhile, you combing your fingers through her hair hoping to calm her down, while hazel was staring at the right side of her room, trying to control her breathing from all the crying she did.

at some point, you had moved to lay down beside her on your back while she laid on her stomach still.

" i'm sorry pj said that stuff about you and your mom..." you whisper softly not knowing if she had fallen asleep considering the room was quiet. you heard shuffling, looking towards hazel who now turned her head to face you. her eyes had become less puffy, but they were still red and the tear streaks had dried up on her face, her hair was messy from shuffling around the bed so much.

" i'm sorry she keeps insinuating that we're in a relationship," hazel mumbled after shrugging her shoulder to what you said. you just stared at her eyes, shrugging your shoulders back. licking your lips from how dry they were, you opened your mouth to speak.