Chapter 25

Halloween had rolled around excitedly for the fifth years because after only two months of OWL classes they were all completely exhausted and sick of work. Well, those that had been doing the work at least.

The marauders, minus Remus, had been their usual irritating selves instead of doing any work, which was no surprise to anyone.

So, James, Sirius, and Peter had planned their usual Halloween pranks on the school alone. Not only were Chloé and Remus busy with homework but it had only been a few days since the last full moon and she was helping him recover. It had been their first one with Chloé too, and it hadn't gone too smoothly, so she was trying to take her mind off it as well.

Remus had taken a nasty swipe at her in his wolf form, and his claws had ripped the surface of the skin over her right calf.

The wounds were still quite pink, so Chloé was doing her best to find a Halloween costume that hid them well enough to not raise suspicions.

"That looks cute" Lily told her as Chloé twirled in their dormitory mirror.

This was the fourth costume she had tried on thus far. The first was a sexy school girl, the second a spy, the third a fairy and finally her last one was a pirate.

She wore a white off the shoulder chemise with a thick brown leather belt over her waist, with a tattered black skirt, black knee-high socks, and brown knee-high boots.

"Thanks" smiled Chloé "I'm excited for tonight. But I can't lie, I am exhausted from yesterday"

She and Lily had pulled an all-nighter OWL study session in the library thanks to James's invisibility cloak, and with tonight's Halloween party Chloé regretted it deeply. 

However, she and Lily had drank copious amounts of coffee to keep them awake for the day, and now that had gone through the effort of getting ready they wished they had just gone to sleep. Lily's hands had shook so much from the caffeine that it took four tries to get her eyeliner neat.

Eventually she gave up and made Marlene do it for her.

So now all of the girls were ready for tonight's party. Chloé as a pirate, Lily a fairy, Marlene and Dorcas as police officers, Alice as a nurse (couple's costume with Frank) and Kendall as a princess.

"Finally!" cheered Dorcas "Now let's go and drink until our livers hurt"

Alice chuckled "Dorcas, you've been drinking since lunch. Maybe slowing down is a smarter idea"

She shrugged "If you keep drinking you can never be hungover. Now if we're late and all of the jelly shots are gone then someone in here will be the victim of a serious crime"

There were laughs from all the other girls in the dormitory, before they made their way out. Lily cast a locking charm on their door which only they could unlock (they learned after an incident where a couple of Ravenclaw girls snuck up there last year), and then they made their way down into the already busy common room.

Dorcas dragged her friends to the drinks table as quick as they could, where there were luckily more jelly shots to be consumed. Then, she and Marlene headed to the dance floor, and Kendall and Chloé went to the join some of her Ravenclaw friends by the window.

"How is it this hot in here in October?" asked Kendall, breathing in relief at the cold air that seeped through the open window

Her friend, Emmeline Vance, shrugged. "It's only hot in this common room, which isn't surprising when the Marauders have invited half of the school here"

It wasn't really half of the school, but given how cramped it was in the common room it felt like it was.

"Speaking of" said another Ravenclaw, Jonas Chen. "Where are they?"