when he misses her (part 5) | KTH

Seven days unfurled like a crumpled scroll, each one marked by a deafening silence from you. Your phone, once a constant source of playful texts and late-night conversations, remained stubbornly silent. Taehyung's unanswered calls hung in the air, a constant reminder of the distance that had grown between you.

His messages, a desperate attempt to bridge the gap, echoed on his screen.

Y/n, please answer your phone. I need to talk to you? How's mom?

Y/n, please answer your phone. I need to hear your voice. Tell me you're okay. Everything feels wrong without you here.

Have i done something that upset you? I'm so sorry. Can we talk?

I'm so sorry. Tell me, why are you upset? Can we talk about this? Please, just give me a chance to explain.

Is everything okay? I'm worried about you. y/n?

Have you eaten? I'm having my lunch. Thank you, it's delicious. Please take care of yourself, even if it's for me.

It's been 3 days and I'm constantly trying to reach you. Can we please talk?

Y/n, your silence is deafening. Don't you even care enough to yell at me? Talk to me, anything is better than this agonizing quiet.
Come back home, please.

I saw your message to Min-seo about breakfast. It means you're thinking of me, right? Please, let's not do this like strangers. Call me when you get this.

Yet, your replies remained elusive, as unreachable as a distant star.

His work schedule, usually a welcome distraction, offered no solace. Meetings blurred into conference calls, presentations into endless reports. Each day stretched into an eternity, punctuated only by the nagging ache in his heart.

His days, a testament to his relentless workload, mirrored the turmoil within:

A whirlwind of back-to-back meetings, each face a blur against the backdrop of his growing anxiety.

A grueling presentation to a potential investor group, his practiced smile failing to mask the worry etched on his face.

A marathon conference call with overseas partners, the time difference a cruel reminder of the distance between you.

A day spent buried in paperwork, the sterile reports offering no escape from the storm raging within him.

A frantic last-minute rush to finalize a crucial deal, the success bittersweet in the face of his emotional turmoil.

A day stolen from his weekend, spent catching up on emails and missed calls - all in vain.

Despite the relentless demands of his work, one aspect remained constant - the silent presence of your care.

Each morning, he'd wake to find a discreetly placed bag of breakfast on the dining table, delivered by his driver before dawn, a silent message of concern.

Lunchtime brought a similar offering, a symphony of flavors that mocked him with the memory of your smiles.

And in the evenings, upon his weary return, a warm dinner awaited him, a tangible expression of love that hung heavy in the air.

These acts of care, devoid of explanation, overwhelmed him. You weren't speaking, weren't offering answers, yet your presence remained.

The food, a physical bridge reaching across the emotional chasm, filled him with a strange mix of hope and guilt.