when he misses her (part 7) | KTH

"Couldn't you have understood?" you pleaded, your voice cracking with a vulnerability you hadn't intended to expose. The tears that welled up in your eyes blurred your vision, but you blinked them back fiercely. You wouldn't give him the satisfaction of seeing you crumble.

"Couldn't you have respected my need to breathe," you continued, your voice trembling slightly, "to understand what had happened, before you went running to Mom for answers?"

The raw pain in your voice hung heavy in the air, a stark contrast to the carefully constructed walls you'd built around your emotions. It was a question that demanded an answer, a plea for him to see the world through your eyes, to understand the depth of your hurt. In that moment, you felt exposed, a wound laid bare for him to see. But amidst the vulnerability, a flicker of hope ignited - perhaps, just perhaps, this raw honesty could be the catalyst for healing, a chance to rebuild the trust that had been so carelessly shattered.

Taehyung watched you, his heart clenching with a guilt so profound it almost knocked the breath out of him. The sight of tears glistening in your eyes, the tremor in your voice, it was a punishment far worse than any he could have imagined. Shame burned in his throat, a bitter reminder of his transgression.

He rose from the couch, his movements hesitant, unsure. Every instinct in him screamed to reach out, to comfort you, but the fear of rejection held him back. He settled on a spot closer to you, the space between you still a tangible reminder of the chasm that had opened between you.

"Y/n," he began, his voice a husky rasp. "Please, tell me what's hurting you. What did I do?" He spoke the words carefully, each syllable laced with a desperate need to understand.

You remained silent, your gaze fixed on a point beyond him. The emotions churning within you were a tangled mess - anger, hurt, and a flicker of something that resembled a desperate longing for the love you once shared.

"What made you leave so abruptly?" he continued, his voice pleading. "You wouldn't answer my calls, my texts... yet, you still took care of everything. You made sure my meals were prepared, even checked in on me through my secretary and driver. You acted like the perfect wife, even when you were hurting."

His words hung in the air, a bittersweet reminder of the life you once shared, a life now teetering on the edge of oblivion. You finally met his gaze, your eyes filled with a storm of unspoken accusations.

"The perfect wife?" you echoed, your voice laced with a bitter humor. "Is that what you think this is all about? Me playing some role while you..." your voice trailed off, the pain too raw to express in words.

"No, Y/n," he interjected, his voice thick with remorse. "That's not it at all. I... I messed up, terribly. But seeing you take care of me, even after everything, it just... it confused me. I didn't understand."

The confusion in his eyes mirrored your own. How could you explain the depth of your betrayal, the way his actions had shattered the very foundation of your trust? Yet, the way you cared for him, a habit ingrained from years of love, continued on autopilot.

A single tear escaped your eye, tracing a glistening path down your cheek. You wiped it away angrily, the gesture a futile attempt to dam the flood of emotions threatening to engulf you.

"There's so much to explain," you whispered, your voice barely audible. "So much you need to understand."

The silence that followed held a strange energy, a mix of tension and a tentative hope. The road ahead wouldn't be easy, but for the first time, you were no longer facing it alone. You had each other, and perhaps, with honesty and a willingness to rebuild, you could find your way back to each other, stronger, and hopefully, more in love than ever before.

"There's so much to explain," you whispered, your voice barely a trembling breath. The words hung heavy in the air, a fragile bridge between the chasm of unspoken hurt that separated you. Tears welled up in your eyes again, blurring the image of Taehyung before you. You blinked them back fiercely, but a single tear escaped, tracing a glistening path down your cheek.

Taehyung's heart ached at the sight. The vulnerability in your eyes, the raw pain etched on your face, was a punishment far worse than any he could have imagined. He inched closer, his every move tentative, unsure of his welcome. His heart a tangled mess of guilt and a yearning to mend what he'd broken.

"Y/n, please," he pleaded, his voice husky with desperation. "Trust me enough to tell me. Whatever it is, tell me what's hurting you. What made you leave the house so abruptly?" His gaze held a flicker of vulnerability, a stark contrast to the confident persona he usually portrayed.

"I can't," you choked out, your voice thick with unshed tears. The dam within you threatened to burst, threatening to unleash a torrent of emotions you weren't sure you could control.

"Yes, you can," he insisted, his voice laced with a gentle urgency. "Talk to me. Let me understand. Let me fix this."

"Fix it?" you scoffed, a bitter laugh escaping your lips. "How can you fix what's broken, Taehyung? How can you erase the betrayal, the lies?"

His eyes widened, a flicker of dawning comprehension washing over him. "Betrayal? Lies?" he stammered, confusion etched on his face. "Y/n, what are you talking about?"

You took a shaky breath, wiping away a stray tear that traced a path down your cheek. "Don't play dumb, Taehyung," you said, your voice trembling with a mixture of anger and hurt.

He sank back on the couch, his face pale. A horrifying realization dawned on him. He hadn't understood the true depth of your pain, the reason behind your sudden departure.

"Y/n," he began again, his voice now laced with a desperate sincerity. "Whatever it is, tell me. Everything. I can't fix what I don't know. Let me listen. Let me try to make things right, even if it means taking whatever punishment you deem fit. I deserve your anger, your tears... but please, don't shut me out." The moment felt like you've went deaf. Taehyung's eyes looked for a response from your side but there was none.

"Y/n, please," he pleaded, his voice husky with desperation. "Trust me enough to tell me. Tell me what's bothering you, what's hurting you so much. Let it all out. Scream at me, throw things at me, I don't care. But please, don't shut me out."

His words echoed in the room, a plea for a chance, a desperate promise to atone for his mistakes. A flicker of something flickered in your eyes - a mix of hesitation and a yearning for the comfort you once shared.

The dam finally broke. A sob escaped your lips, followed by another, and then another, until you were engulfed in a torrent of tears. Your body wracked with silent cries, the weight of your pain finally finding an outlet.

Taehyung couldn't bear to watch you crumble any further. He rose from the couch, his heart a drum against his ribs. Hesitantly, he took a step towards you, then another, until he stood before you.

"Y/n," he whispered, his voice thick with emotion. "Can I... can I hold you?"

His voice was barely a whisper, a plea for a touch that could bridge the chasm between you. You didn't answer, but your trembling form spoke volumes. With a gentleness that surprised even him, Taehyung wrapped his arms around you, pulling you close.

You buried your face in his chest, the familiar scent of his cologne a bittersweet reminder of what you had almost lost. The tears flowed freely now, hot and cleansing, as you clung to him, seeking solace in the one place you felt safe enough to fall apart.

"Let it out," he murmured, his voice a soothing balm against the storm raging within you. "Cry it all out, Y/n. I'm here for you. I won't let go."

His words, laced with a newfound empathy and love, were a beacon of hope in the darkness. In that moment, nestled in his embrace, you felt a fragile sense of peace, a glimmer of possibility that perhaps, just perhaps, you could rebuild what was broken, together.

The road ahead wouldn't be easy, but with honesty and a willingness to forgive, you could find your way back to each other, stronger and more in love than ever before.