31

In Navya I found a home

In Navya I found a home. A home that gives comfort & so much love that you forget all of your pain.

She kept her hand on mine and drove me back home. She did not ask me anything but stood there by my side. By the time I got out of the shower she brought food to our room. I had some soup and food. I thought Navya would bombard me with questions but we ate in silence.

It took a lot of time for sleep to invade me, But As I tried sleeping I felt giddy. As I drifted into sleep, my peaceful expression twisted into a grimace of distress. Beads of sweat formed on my forehead, my breath quickened, and hands trembled uncontrollably as the nightmare took hold of me. Shadows danced in the corners of my mind, their whispers echoing through the darkness as I struggled to break free from the clutches of my subconscious. Each moment felt like an eternity as the nightmare enveloped me in its icy grip, leaving me gasping for air in the suffocating depths of my fears.

As I drifted deeper into the abyss of my nightmare, the patter of rain outside morphed into a relentless downpour, each droplet a cruel reminder of my vulnerability. A searing pain throbbed from a wound on my head, blood trickling down my face like macabre tears.

I quickly woke up, and during all of it I accidentally woke up Navya too.

"Arjun Kya hua??". She quickly cupped my face wiping down my tears!!

I pulled her close onto my lap and rested my head on her chest. I’ve never felt this vulnerable in my life. Ever. Navya gently kissed my head and caressed my hair whispering sweet nothings. My hold on her waist tightened as I snuggled closer.

"Arjun are you okay? You seemed really shaken up by that nightmare, please drink some water”. Without getting up from my lap she passed me a glass of water. I drank it and snuggled closer into her chest seeking comfort. And she wrapped her arms around me holding me closer.

"It's okay, I've got you. I'm right here, do you want to share it??."

I remained silent, finding solace in her embrace. Should I tell her about it? As I kept contemplating she whispered softly.

"You're safe now. I won't let anything harm you. Just breathe, Arjun."

I closed my eyes, feeling the warmth of her presence, as she plants gentle kisses on my forehead.

"I am with you. You're not alone in this." She said and I sighed deeply. All the tension in my head melted away.

"Thank you... for being here.” my voice turned hoarse in the end.

"I’ve been getting nightmares for years now and it stops my breathing. After consulting a doctor he informed me about my insomnia, I'd barely got any sleep. Thunderstorms scare me and the Idea of being stuck in the rain kills me. I’ve been struggling with all of it. The nightmares... they just won't let up. I am sorry you had to see me this vulnerable, I didn't mean to show you this side of mine" As I finished her eyes held concern. She squeezed my hand gently