Preventing a flood

Layla's pov.

(1 year later)

I had given my workers time off since the fashion shows took alot from them.

Others including myself had eye bags.

But I had a week's rest and feeling rejuvenated. The hoot at the gate caught my attention. Emily rushed to open it.

Yes I bailed her out and Karla and Venice having been attending endless court cases for lying to the police.

Karla had apologized a million times sending gifts and love notes. I guess my lack of response finally triggered her.

"What the heck are these liers doing here?
Ain't Venice and Karla banned from coming here?
We literally filed a restraining order."

Said Emily and loaded her silencer  gun. I took two of my own 9mm silencer guns and tucked them in my thigh strap.

I was wearing my G-string and oversized T-shirt not expecting anyone. I nodded at Emily and she nodded back.

"They are intruders right mom?"

Asked Arrows holding her toy guns filled with water. I broke out in a large smile trying so hard not to laugh.

"Can you go wait for me in my room?
You remember how to call the police?"

I asked and she nodded and run up to hug me. Gosh this 4 year old can be nice if she wants too.

Than she ran upstairs wearing red joggers and a vest. Tom boy phase, don't even ask!

Once Arrow had sent me a picture of her in my room, I could finally relax.

"Let's go see what do they want."

I said and Emily looked at me like I had grown 15 heads. We walked out the gate prepared for anything. I had a panic bracelet made for emergencies like this one. Literally anything could go wrong right now.

I opened the door and walked out and Emily followed me grumbling.
We opened the gate and locked it once we were out.

Karla stepped out of the car and approached us.

"You better keep your distance or I'll shoot you where you stand!!!"

Shouted Emily still bitter that Karla got her arrested for nothing. Karla looked at me and I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Say what you want to say and leave."

I said coldly glaring at Karla with everything in me. She's a monster that's not in jail because she knew the right people.

"I'm sorry for my behavior. I shouldn't of hit you.
I was high and was consumed by jealousy.
I really didn't have control over my body."

Said Karla looking sad but I am no rookie. Kristen also seemed sweet and naive but she was the most dangerous person I've ever met.

"Okay. Leave."

I said taking a cigar from Emily along with the lighter, and lit it. I took many puffs and blew it in Karla's face making her cough.

I held back a laugh that wanted to leave my throat. Karla got back in the car and I thought she was leaving but nope. She took out 4 tickets.

"This is an all expenses trip to a safe island you can unwind in.
Take it as my way of apologizing.
The truth is I've always been jealous of your relationship with Veronica.
I told her that I find you cute and she still went for you.
I obviously took it personal and was hell bent on settling a score."

Said Karla and I saw a rare opening.

"Venice will stay here. You come inside so we can talk.
I'll first pat your down to see if you not here to kill me."