Mordrian Perez

The sun of late autumn was less scorching and more desolate, rising hesitantly from the golden wheat fields, hanging above the azure horizon, reflecting the faint autumn clouds.

Accompanied by a gentle breeze, the wheat swayed like dancers, filling the Perez estate with their graceful movements. The tenant farmers stood at the edge of the fields, gazing at the bountiful crops, their weathered faces adorned with content smiles.

In the central castle of the Perez estate, in a certain exquisitely luxurious room, magical lights cascaded down, faintly revealing a young man lying on a warm bed.

Exhale!

The young man with golden hair awoke from a nightmare, beads of cold sweat covering his forehead. Instinctively, he reached out his left hand beside the pillow, but found nothing.

Rubbing his weary eyes and wiping away the cold sweat from his forehead, the young man slowly opened his eyes, and then... his stunned expression froze, as if time had come to a standstill.

This must be... a dream, right?

Yes, it must be a dream!?

Chuhanxuan reassured himself, slowly closing his eyes again, and then reopening them, but the unfamiliar environment remained unchanged even when he woke up.

Exquisite Western-style windows, warm and comfortable white bedding, European-style room decor reminiscent of carved beams and painted rafters, everything felt so vividly real.

"Where am I?"

"Wasn't I just at home playing League of Legends, Nasus 1-10...?"

Chuhanxuan muttered to himself, looking down at his immaculate, fair hands, a jade ring emitting a charming halo under the magical light.

Thoughts surged, countless fragments of memories pouring madly from the depths of his soul, assaulting Chuhanxuan's consciousness. Before he fell into a coma, he had a premonition that something extraordinary was about to happen.

In a luxurious room, in front of a beautifully decorated tall bronze mirror, Chuhanxuan quietly gazed at his reflection in the mirror. His short, dense golden hair shone brightly, contrasting against his melancholic fair complexion, adorned with brown irises. His muscular physique was evenly toned, but the wound wrapped around his abdomen was particularly prominent.

"Mordrian Perez, the name of this body!"

A complex expression flickered across his face—pain, struggle, resentment, sorrow—ultimately settling into plain acceptance. After sorting through all the fragments of memories in his mind, Chuhanxuan quickly accepted his new name and identity. This was an unexpected soul transmigration arranged by fate.

"However, this identity seems to imply some sort of challenging mode?"

Chuhanxuan gently touched the wound on his waist and abdomen, feeling a slight pang of pain tearing through the fragments of memory in his soul.

"Poor guy, is despair worse than death?"

As a Western history enthusiast in his previous life, Chuhanxuan had read quite a few Western works in his spare time and had a relatively clear understanding of the so-called nobility—they were far more than just glamorous on the surface.

In this life, his identity came from the Perez family of the Stoke Kingdom, the current head of the family, and the second son of the first head of the family, Viscount Brook Perez—a somewhat unpopular young nobleman.

The story of his life was quite pathetic. He was an ordinary and incompetent fellow, yet he held the inheritance of the Perez family. That was the hereditary inheritance right of the Viscount, wielding the title of the Scarlet Shield Legion, a legion of shield warriors.

All of this signaled the arrival of some kind of darkness. Noble gatherings, winning the favor of young girls, facing the sudden arrival of beautiful love, the young Mordrian naively stepped into it, searching for inner belonging.

Until the end, he realized it was all wishful thinking. The plain life was destroyed by this love conspiracy, and he even bore the accusation of indecency.

For the strong Viscount Brook, this was simply tarnishing the young Perez family's reputation. The deprivation of inheritance rights, the knight's reward under the guise of the family's territory expansion—it was actually another form of exile.

The shattering of love and the future, the father's ruthless choice, the consecutive blows were fatal to Mordrian, causing his will to sink into despair and sorrow.

It was hard to imagine that such a story could happen within the nobility. But for the young Perez family, only the most outstanding successor could lead the family forward; mediocrity had no future.

And Chuhanxuan, under such circumstances, replaced Mordrian Perez and became a discarded member of the family, a 'glorious' pioneer knight with the strength of a knight apprentice.

"Lord Mordrian, Viscount Brook asks you to gather in front of the castle as soon as possible. The departure time has arrived," came the calm voice from outside the room, interrupting Chuhanxuan's wandering thoughts.

Dulu Komic, the old steward of the Perez Castle, had served the Perez family for nearly thirty years and was a close companion of Viscount Brook during the ten-year defense war in the Stoke Kingdom.

Hearing the familiar voice, Chuhanxuan automatically recalled information about Butler Dulu, but what he didn't expect was that Dulu's voice suddenly made him clench his fists, and the intense discomfort caused by the pain seemed to intensify.

"Okay, Uncle Dulu, I'll be right there!"

Enduring the pain, Chuhanxuan mimicked Mordrian's tone indifferently. In the Perez Castle, no one could refuse the orders of Viscount Brook, the dominant and dignified middle-aged man.

Looking up at the blue sky outside the window, Chuhanxuan rubbed his slightly stiff melancholic face, adjusted his neat clothes, and stared at the golden-haired young man in the bronze mirror, as if waiting to meet someone.

"Still haven't left? What's supporting you, hatred and resentment?"

Chuhanxuan murmured softly, lifting the once immaculate hands, the crimson blood in the exquisite bronze mirror was so striking, making him look a bit crazy and neurotic.

"Hey, kid, I can't promise you anything right now, but leaving here