Untitled Part 16

This was in line with the virtues of a knight, or rather, it was his duty as a warden. He didn't want to be held accountable afterwards by his superiors and risk losing his hard-earned position.

Raven, one of the most powerful wolf-thieves in the northern kingdom, was synonymous with brutality and slaughter. Manazelom didn't believe that any force in the Ervindale region could resist them.

However, when Manazelom heard from the scouts that Raven's target was this area, he had to rush over.

While others in Ervindale might not know what this area was, as the warden, Manazelom was well aware. This was the site of a former abandoned outpost of the kingdom, responsible for monitoring the Lunwar Mountains.

The abandoned outpost had been occupied by a group of wolf-thieves, a situation that was rather ambiguous. If not handled properly, the responsibility could be significant.

Both life and position were things Manazelom desired, so he dallied until noon before leading his guard cavalry hastily to the scene.

...

Crossing the vast snowfield cautiously on his warhorse, Manazelom advanced until he saw the scene not far ahead.

The black-red blood stained the vast white snow, broken weapons and shattered bodies strewn about like garbage, giving the impression of a crimson hell.

Shock and fear showed on his face as Manazelom, somewhat corpulent, trembled on his warhorse, especially upon seeing those familiar blue armor and chainmail cloaks. He seemed to lose his soul, dazed and confused.

He wasn't alone. The entire guard cavalry of Ervindale was the same. Seeing such a bloody battlefield, some even collapsed from fear, falling onto the snow.

The radiance of peace had shrouded the Stok Kingdom for over a decade. These soldiers, who had never experienced battlefield slaughter, had only undergone a few years of rigorous training.

"Raven defeated?"

Manazelom, regaining his senses, swallowed hard, glancing at the hundreds of corpses. "Or should I say, annihilated?"

Those blue armor and chainmail cloaks were all emblematic attire of Raven's wolf-thieves. Manazelom had once clashed with Raven during a military operation, and the outcome was so-so. Nonetheless, it had successfully paved his way to becoming the warden of Ervindale.

Now, the number of bodies scattered across the snow-covered ground was already telling Manazelom the outcome. Raven, the wolf-thief, might indeed have been wiped out.

In a small-scale battle, the number of bodies left behind was far from the final casualty count, but it provided a rough estimate of the losses on one side.

"If it's true, then this should shake Edaras City!" Manazelom rubbed his face, filled with envy and jealousy. However, he wasn't stupid; this credit wasn't something he could covet.

"Damn it, you useless bunch! Get moving, I want detailed information about this battle, hurry up and investigate."

Manazelom shouted fiercely at his guard cavalry behind him, whipping them with his whip to awaken their fear-stricken consciousness.

Suddenly, Manazelom faintly felt something. He looked down at the slightly trembling snow and his face changed abruptly. Before he could react, a column of black cavalry swiftly approached from the distance.

Pitch-black armor, sharp lances, and those cold, indifferent eyes all told Manazelom that this was an extremely elite cavalry force. He had no chance of escape.

Phew!

Manazelom took a deep breath. As a veteran who had experienced ten years of defending the country, he forced himself to calm down quickly, turning to look at his still confused subordinates. He swore that when he returned, he would train them severely.

Tightening the reins, Manazelom rode forward alone, seemingly fearless in the face of the approaching black cavalry. His inner state of mind was inscrutable.

"I am Manazelom, warden of Ervindale. Who are you people?" Manazelom gripped the long sword at his waist, though he was alone, he preemptively showed no fear.

At his words, Gregor Greybell waved his hand, signaling the Noxian Empire cavalry behind him to halt, frowning as he looked at the black, middle-aged man before him.

"We are the subordinates of the noble knight, Lord Mordekaiser. This area has been assigned to Lord Mordekaiser by the military command of Edaras City. You, you've trespassed!" Gregor Greybell said coldly, the bloody aura from the recent slaughter oppressing Manazelom.

"Damn it, knights!"

Manazelom felt the strong aura of life and his heart sank. He hadn't expected to encounter a noble knight in this place, especially seeing that about twenty elite cavalrymen vaguely surrounded them.

"Noble knight, I am a subordinate of Lord Benyaz. I have met Lord Mordekaiser before, and this trespass was only to pursue the trail of the wolf-thief Raven. We apologize!" Manazelom said decisively, admitting defeat.

Gregor Greybell didn't let them off because of Manazelom's conciliatory words. He coldly surveyed the guard cavalry from Ervindale.

Manazelom's inner lining was already damp with cold sweat, and the scent of blood from Mordekaiser's knight lingered in his nostrils, making him increasingly uneasy.

Of course, he had heard of Mordekaiser Perys' name. As the warden of Ervindale, he had received a letter from Lord Benyaz more than a month ago, saying that a noble young master would come to Ervindale and asked him to take care of him.

Take care of what? Did the noble young master who could defeat the wolf-thief Raven need my care? Manazelom mentally scoffed.

However, he had many doubts in his heart. The situation of their meeting a few days ago was still vivid in his mind. At that time, Mordekaiser's cavalry did not include a noble knight, and the numbers didn't match those before him now.

Manazelom didn't delve deeper into it. Noble matters were not something he, a town warden, could be involved in. It was best to stay out of it.

"Noble knight, since the wolf-thief Raven has been dealt with by you, then we will take our leave." Manazelom said cautiously, bowing his head.

Not sensing any threat, Gregor Greybell