Untitled Part 15

"This is what death feels like?"

Maltzverus felt the wretched state of his body at this moment. Most of his bones were shattered in the recent collision, seemingly pierced by fractured white bones, and blood surged from the corners of his mouth, staining his clothes crimson.

With great effort, he turned his head and saw the familiar face of his loyal captain, Pansy Murphy, a guy with almost knight-level strength.

The once nonchalant face now bore an expression of anxiety and anger, with continuous curses in the local dialect seeming to call out to other comrades, while Pansy himself was trying to rely on his formidable strength to resist the tide.

It was all in vain!

Maltzverus recalled the terrifying figure and the black battle-axe he faced. He realized that the opponent's strength far exceeded that of a knight; perhaps it reached the level of a grand knight, or even higher!

He opened his mouth, wanting to say something to his loyal captain, but no sound came out. The fatal wounds were devouring all the strength in his body.

At the forefront, the Cold Crows bandits, upon hearing Pansy Murphy's command, surged towards Darius like moths to a flame, attempting to stop his next move with their lives.

It was said that bandits were selfish and inhumane, only causing endless slaughter.

But now, these bandits were expressing their unbending will with their boiling blood. For their inner persistence and belief, for their new leader who brought them new life, they rushed towards Darius even in death, without hesitation.

Every swing of the black battle-axe represented the demise of a living soul. No one could stop Darius's advance. The flowing crimson blood formed a path of bloodshed under the bleak morning light.

Hopeless, Pansy Murphy could only watch helplessly as Darius approached rapidly. Deep within the whirlpool of death, he looked down at the leader in his arms, whose once cold face could withstand all, now showing a hint of pleading.

Realizing the inevitable approach of death, Pansy Murphy reached out to break the rough necklace around the leader's neck and placed it in his blood-stained hand.

Maltzverus twitched the corner of his mouth, wanting to smile, but the ebbing life force prevented him from doing so. He could only clench the necklace in his hand, the only item left by his mother before her passing.

In a trance, the weary eyes of Maltzverus recalled the face of his mother, still so kind, but he knew he had disappointed her.

As a bastard son, Maltzverus had always hoped that his mother would one day be laid to rest in the Jeffrey family cemetery, but he was never allowed until this mission and the final promise.

"Is this the process of awaiting death? The slaughter I once bestowed upon others!"

Perhaps with death looming, Maltzverus's consciousness became clearer. He recalled many things, apologized to his followers, broke promises made, apologized to too many people.

Now, everything was beyond words. The cold eyes of Maltzverus showed a hint of relief, finally leaving this cold and cruel world. "Mother, I'm coming to accompany you. I hope you won't scold me as you did when I was a child."

Boom! Boom!

The black battle-axe flashed like lightning, and two broken bodies fell to the ground simultaneously, emitting a dull sound. The lone armored warhorse whinnied incessantly, its saddle stained with blood.

"Bury them deeply!" Darius's indifferent voice sounded, then continued to charge into the blue ocean, stirring up waves.

In the bloody battlefield of defeat, the Imperial Legionnaires of Noxus cooperated tacitly, slaughtering the remaining Cold Crows bandits. It was a slaughter without pressure, like child's play, far from the battles on the Valoran continent.

Passing by in their black armor, the Imperial Legionnaires left behind broken bodies and shattered weapons, and the spreading hot blood formed a black-red pool, melting into the pale snow, while the echoing sound of hooves played a song of life and death.

...

The crimson morning glow slowly dyed the azure sky, faintly revealing a few lingering stars flickering dimly, some already disappeared as if fallen.

Halfway up the mountain, Mordriane's melancholy face showed surprise. He didn't expect that after just one charge, this battle would turn into a one-sided massacre by the Noxian Imperial Legionnaires.

Comparing it to the knight power system he knew, Mordriane realized that the strength displayed by the Noxian Imperial Legionnaires was between knight apprentices and knight squires.

He could only say that they truly deserved to be the elite cavalry of Noxus. From their strength and coordination, they surpassed the majority of noble-raised cavalry units.

Shaking his head, a hint of disappointment flashed in Mordriane's heart because before this battle arrived, the system hadn't even issued any temporary missions. It seemed that in its eyes, this victory was only natural.

But for Mordriane now, it wasn't such a good thing. He urgently needed blue essence, especially as his strength was increasingly exposed, making the next danger even more deadly.

The strong scent of blood wafted with the cold wind, awakening Mordriane's scattered thoughts. Looking around again, the black shadow had already consumed what little remained of the blue ocean, leaving only the Noxian Imperial Legionnaires to clean up the battlefield.

Limb, arm, blood, bone; broken black lances stood inserted in the pale snow, while wounded warhorses writhed and neighed in the bloody pool. It painted a picture of hell.

The battle had ended, and the fruits of victory were in hand.

[Ding... After a round of slaughter, the enemy has been successfully eliminated!]

[Rewards Obtained: Victory Points *10]

[Evaluation: This was just a one-sided slaughter, devoid of any strategy or tactics. Winning was only natural.]

The icy system notification sounded in Mordriane's mind, but the evaluation of the battle made him feel uneasy. Unfortunately, it was the truth.

Victory points?

As Mordriane's consciousness touched the system framework displayed on his retina, detailed information flowed into his mind, unraveling his doubts.

[Victory Points: These are points obtained by the host's summoned units after winning battles. They can replenish the consumption of some units or increase the maximum number of units.]

It seemed that a new system function had been unlocked. Mordriane thought silently. So, the units should refer to the Noxian Imperial Legionnaires.

Perhaps not only that, he thought, as in his memories from