Untitled Part 7

Lifting the emerald-green jug beside him, Modrian took a deep drink. The liquor was strong, burning down his throat like fire, perfectly suited for the cold environment of the northern kingdom.

Looking down, the jug reflected a fair and melancholic face, with deep brown eyes radiating resilience and confidence, replacing the once youthful naivety with maturity.

"Reading ten thousand books is not as good as traveling ten thousand miles!"

This ancient Earth saying now resonated with Modrian, after experiencing many things during his month-long journey that he had never seen in his previous life. It had changed his initial thoughts.

Knock, knock, knock!

A knocking at the door interrupted Modrian's thoughts, prompting him to set down the emerald-green jug and turn to say, "Come in."

"Lord Modrian!" Cooper entered and bowed, his weary expression barely concealed.

"Are we... not going to visit Lord Benyns?" Cooper's hesitant tone betrayed his inner conflict.

"I have my arrangements, Cooper. Don't worry," Modrian replied calmly, shaking his head.

"Rest well. The journey of over a month has been tiring. We will rest in Edaras City for three days, then head to the town of Ervindale."

"Yes, Lord Modrian." Cooper bowed and respectfully left, realizing he had overstepped as a follower tonight.

The emerald-green jug continued to spin on the wooden table as Modrian furrowed his brow, seemingly contemplating something. Unconsciously, some liquor splashed out, filling the air with the strong scent of alcohol.

Bennyns, the commander of Edaras City, had long awakened his life force and become an extraordinary knight for many years, representing one of the kingdom's forces within Edaras City.

Most importantly, Bennyns's identity as a former centurion of the Crimson Shield Legion under Viscount Brook, bearing the mark of the Perry family, was well-known. This made him openly affiliated with the Perry family's influence.

The ordinary letter in Modrian's hand was an introduction written by Viscount Brook for him, hoping he could receive some help in the northern part of the kingdom.

But the current situation was interesting. Despite Modrian's arrival, Bennyns, as the commander of Edaras City, had not contacted him yet. Modrian couldn't believe that as a city commander, Bennyns had received no news at all.

"Neutral? Or has a choice already been made?" Modrian murmured to himself, holding the spinning emerald-green jug. "I hope the situation is not as bad as it seems!"

He remembered the noon break, when Delarius had mentioned someone spying on them in the dark, with clear divisions of labor and familiarity with the surroundings.

"Is the curtain about to rise on a good show? Let's pray it won't be too dull!"

A glimmer of light shone in Modrian's brown eyes as he summoned the simple system interface, the foundation of his future endeavors.

[Name: Modrian Perry]

[Strength: Squire (Crimson Breath)]

[Blue Essence: 92 points]

[Orange Essence: 0 points]

[Items: None]

In the Stoke Kingdom, practitioners nearing the stage of awakening life force were called squires. Modrian's strength had already risen to the squire stage during his month-long journey, just a step away from stepping into the realm of knights.

At the same time, with only 8 points left, he could perform a random summon in the League of Heroes, thanks to the precious magical item provided by the corpse of the honor knight of the Jeffrey family.

However, it was also because of this that Modrian unexpectedly learned that every time the system decomposed, the amount of blue essence obtained varied depending on the quality of the magical item.

Modrian recalled the magical ring given to him by his sister Sophia, the magical item that held extraordinary significance to him.

"Cause and effect! Destiny!"

After experiencing so much, Modrian inexplicably began to believe in the cycle of cause and effect, or what was called destiny on the continent of Caladimos, not just the influence of his past life.

..................

Edaras City, Commander's Mansion, a light blue manor.

From above, the manor was filled with various seasonal plants, with a clear winding stream meandering through it, reflecting the colorful scenery of the manor and adding a unique charm to the early winter season.

In a corner of the manor, in a small and exquisite study, bookshelves lined the walls, and the faint moonlight cast a quiet glow, reflecting off the serene brilliance.

"Is the identity confirmed?" Behind the crimson desk, a tall figure was concentrating on the books in his hand.

"The identity is confirmed, Lord Bennyns. It's Master Modrian Perry!" The soldier kneeling in the study affirmed.

"Ah, then pass the word. Do not disturb Master Modrian."

"Yes, Lord Bennyns!" The messenger soldier bowed and left the study.

After a cup of tea, Bennyns set down the book, his handsome face adorned with two sparse and soft mustaches. With a slender and strong figure, coupled with ordinary attire, he appeared gentle and refined.

"The inevitable has finally arrived!" A fleeting look of irritation flashed across Bennyns's face before vanishing. "Brook, you rascal, why haven't you decided on the succession yet, allowing that kid to run wild." A sense of melancholy spread across Bennyns's face as he thought of something.

"Having tangled with the Jeffrey family, it's indeed not that simple. However, if you don't decide on the succession soon, it might be too late!" Under the warm magical light, Bennyns's face held an indescribable meaning as he took out two envelopes with red seals from the bookshelf. One was signed by Brook Perry, and the other by Cadell Jeffrey Perry.

"No wonder he carries the Jeffrey surname. He has enviable cultivation talent and cunning means."

Bennyns shook his head, having already read the contents of the envelopes. However, he didn't like the personality of that person, even though he knew him well. Flames of unknown origin suddenly appeared on his fingers, burning the envelope bearing the signature of Cadell Jeffrey Perry.

"I can't do much. I hope you can safely reach the town of Ervindale!"

Neutrality was already Bennyns's limit. Although with his current power and influence, he wasn't afraid of Cadell, it didn't mean he wanted to provoke trouble. The influence of the Jeffrey family in the northern part of the kingdom far exceeded the imagination of outsiders.