Untitled Part 10

Mo Darian dismounted near the area and continued on foot through the pale snow. The chilly air enveloped him, sending shivers down his spine as he gazed toward the distant Lonvoll Mountains, the location of his intended territory.

"Rossetti, are there any dangers in the Lonvoll Mountains that we should be aware of?" Mo Darian inquired.

Rossetti Andy, the son of John Andy, the owner of the Oakwood Tavern, had spent much of his life in Erwendale and was well-versed in the terrain of the Lonvoll Mountains. He served as a reliable guide for Mo Darian's expedition.

This time, Mo Darian had ventured out with only Drelleth and Cooper, leaving the other cavalrymen behind in Erwendale.

"Lord Mo Darian, the outskirts of the Lonvoll Mountains are not particularly dangerous. With your strength and the presence of two knights, you should be able to handle any challenges easily," Rossetti replied, his face flushed from the cold.

Mo Darian frowned slightly at the mention of knights, as he was still unfamiliar with the situation in Erwendale. His stay in the town had been brief, and he had only gained a superficial understanding of the area.

"By the way, Rossetti, besides Erwendale, are there any other villages or towns nearby?" Mo Darian asked, turning to Rossetti at his side.

"As far as I know, Erwendale is the town closest to the Lonvoll Mountains within the territory of the Stoke Kingdom," Rossetti replied, rubbing his red face.

"But I've heard my father mention that there's a military outpost belonging to the Stoke Kingdom near the Lonvoll Mountains. It was established to guard against any enemies attempting to cross the mountains into the heart of the kingdom."

"However, due to the increasing danger in the Lonvoll Mountains over the past decade or so, the outpost has been abandoned for quite some time. I'm not sure of the exact details," he added.

"Outpost?" Mo Darian noted the information, planning to remember it for later. He had observed something peculiar about the Oakwood Tavern since his arrival there, and now he found Rossetti's condition after their journey equally intriguing. Despite their trek through the harsh winter landscape, Rossetti appeared remarkably unscathed, even rolling up his sleeves to reveal his lean arms.

"Sorry, Lord Mo Darian, I don't have many suggestions," Rossetti apologized with a sheepish expression. "And if we continue deeper, we might encounter unknown dangers. There have been rumors suggesting unrest in the Lonvoll Mountains recently."

Mo Darian's eyes flashed with an inexplicable meaning. Since entering the Oakwood Tavern, he had sensed that it was no ordinary place.

Rossetti, introduced to him by Old Jack, possessed the strength of a knight's squire at the age of eighteen, yet he remained in Erwendale, a small town.

In the world of Caladimos, those with such talent often pursued further training in places with abundant resources, such as knight academies or, at the least, the kingdom's army.

What's more, according to Drelleth, both John Andy and Jack Collins, the seemingly elderly men, possessed the strength of knights, suggesting that they concealed their life energy for some reason.

"This expedition has been troubling for you, Rossetti," Mo Darian said, deciding to end the hasty survey of the terrain. They would discuss the details upon their return.

"Drelleth, Cooper, let's head back," he instructed, and with Drelleth leading the way, the group disappeared into the dense forest.

However, upon returning to Erwendale, they encountered a small incident. The town's guardsman, Manzelmorom, stood atop the approximately twelve-foot-high city wall, openly observing their return.

It was evident that Mo Darian's arrival had caught Manzelmorom's attention. A cavalry unit like theirs was a rare sight in the northern regions and typically consisted of elite troops raised by powerful nobles.

Night fell, and within the rooms of the Oakwood Tavern, Mo Darian sat with his body cross-legged on the bed. His skin was flushed, and steam rose from his body, radiating a scorching heat. Each breath he took seemed to exude an inexplicable aura.

After completing the Crimson Breath technique, Mo Darian casually draped a garment over himself and sat quietly behind the desk, flipping through a mundane letter.

The red postal stamp on the front of the letter indicated it was from the Peris family. Mo Darian contemplated whether to use the letter of introduction.

Given Mo Darian's possession of the League of Heroes system, it was ideal for his logistics base before expanding his territory to be in an uninhabited area.

However, Erwendale's situation was too complicated. Roaming mercenaries and cunning merchants were perennial residents, and any oversight on Mo Darian's part could have unimaginable consequences.

In a world of swords and sorcery, the mouths of wandering poets often recounted the existence of deities. The continent of Caladimos boasted numerous temples preaching doctrines, and occasionally, miracles occurred.

So, Mo Darian dared not risk it and could only proceed with caution. Rossetti's mention of the abandoned outpost seemed to be his best option.

[Ding...Temporary mission issued!]

[Temporary Mission: Logistics Base]

[Mission Reward: Warstone Mason *4]

[Mission Description: Before expanding your territory, having a fully secure logistics base is the most important choice. Please choose carefully.]

The chilling system prompt sounded in his ears, and Mo Darian shook his head helplessly. All his considerations were in vain, as the system had already made the decision for him.

Now, the only thing left to do was to decide who would visit Uncle Benney in Edaras City.