Prologue

Black Rose stared at the Death Eaters in the abandoned mansion, satisfied with the bloodshed she was looking at. Torture the weak so they become the strong, The Dark Lord's words echoed in her mind as clenched her hands and perked up.

"Malfoy," She called out to Lucius Malfoy, who had left Pettigrew bloodied and bruised. She stepped towards the trainees and put her palm towards them, making all stop in battle. She sharply turned to Lucius, her gray eyes sharp and piercing.

"You know what The Dark Lord said. No killing," She warned him, making him scoff. He didn't withdraw his wand, as if trying to make a point.

"And why should we listen to you? You're not even half of any of our ages. Along with that, what better then kill the wea-" He trailed off, his pupils widening as a shadow loomed behind Black Rose. She swiftly turned and saw him, even though he was a ghostly figure, he was still amongst them. Nagini wrapped around Black Rose's leg, making the white haired girl smile.

"Hello, Nagini. Are you hungry?" Those words said enough, making Malfroy back off. The Dark Lord gave Black Rose a satisfied nod, his ghostly figure whipping around Lucius.

"Listen here, Lucius," He hissed his name out, almost as real as Nagini's, making the trainees around her wince. Black Rose rolled her eyes at their wimp like attitudes.

"If you don't listen to Black Rose, my right hand that I specifically picked to be above you, you will pay. Do you understand?" Even though The Dark Lord could not physically touch Malfroy, he understood the threat completely. Black Rose gave a satisfied nod as she turned towards the trainers and started to prepare them once again.

"Black Rose, a word with you?" She heard the Dark Lord call her code name out, making her inwardly shiver. This is going to be either really good, or really bad, her mind whispered, but she kept her upright attitude. She firmly turned around and faced him, and he motioned her towards a private room. She followed him, his ghostly figure emotionless and sturdy. Once they were secured, he turned towards her.

"I am sending you on a mission as a spy for the school," He started, making her suck in a gasp so small, The Dark Lord didn't notice. So really bad. She had noted all of the failures so far; Professor Quirrel, the Tom Riddle diary, and almost one year ago was Peter Pettigrew, who was still suffering his punishment of hiding for years instead of succeeding The Dark Lord. She clenched her hands, wanting to speak up, when he spoke.

"I expect more from you than I did from the others. You've been training under me since childhood, and I am expecting at least Potter's death. And to make sure that nothing happens," The ghostly figure of her Master gestured with his hands, and Nagini tightened around her neck, yet she stood unflinching.

"Barty Croutch Junior will be there," He added. She let out a small groan, which made The Dark Lord chuckle. The ghostly figure shimmered a bit, reminding Black Rose that he was getting stronger every day, and in less then a year he would be fully formed.

"I know, you like to work alone, but we can make it work," He mused, a malicious grin forming on his face. She tightened her fists, gave him a tight smile, and nodded.

"I take it I'll be joining this year?" Her long hair was swishing behind her knees and her pale eyes sharpened. The Dark Lord nodded, and she gave a small small grin. The plan was already forming in her mind; how many mudbloods she could kill, how to rope in traitors, and of course, kill Potter. She gave an evil chuckle and opened her palm, a fake wand materializing into her pale hand.

"Let the games begin,"