The Golden Eggs Clue

Nyx lazily opened her eyes to the sound of the Gryffindor's cheering Harry's name. Bloody God, do they not know what sleep is?  She exhaustedly sat up and pulled on her robes, opening the door to see what all the commotion was about. Everyone was cheering for Harry, holding him up, the golden egg raised high in one of his hands. 

"Should I open it?" He yelled. The crowd went wild, everyone screaming yes and getting more pumped up than before. My Bloody EARS! Could they all just SHUT UP! She scowled as Harry dramatically opened the egg. The moment he did, screams exited the egg as everyone lost the hype and started to cover their ears in desperation. Nyx froze. Those are selkie screams. What the- Harry immediately closed the egg, and everyone stopped celebrating. I need that egg. Nyx pushed the crowd away, sauntering up to Harry. His eyes caught onto her and he was about to say something when she snatched it out of his grasp.

"No," Was all she said before walking into the girls dormitories. Some of the girls tried to follow her, but she placed a complicated spell on the lock so that no one could open it. Why would selkies out of all species be there? Did Dumbledore plan this just to get under my skin? Nyx knew exactly what the egg was. It was a magical device that was found in Atlantis, the kingdom where selkies, merpeople, sirens, and water nymphs live. 

And Nyx being Nyx, she obviously had history with them. One that scarred her life. When she had, ahem, visited Atlantis, she had used these eggs. Atlantis was under water, so...

She dunked the egg under the water, and her head followed. She gingerly opened the golden egg, prepared for the beautiful voice that would come out of it.

"Come seek us where our voices sound, we cannot sing above ground," A beautiful noice hummed. Above ground? Is the next task not on... land? It's in the water then. 

Oh.

Shit.

And Nyx being Nyx,

She had history with water. 

(A/N yall must be so pissed off like who has a bad reputation with water in general LMAO she has a lot of enemies XD)

"And while you're searching ponder this; we've taken what you'll sorely miss, and hour long you'll have to look, and recover what we took, but pas an hour, the prospects black, too late, it's cone, it won't come back," The voice finalized. Nyx blinked. 

Take what I sorely miss? They're going to hold something hostage, aren't they. She snickered, making air bubbles float up. She didn't have anyone she cared for. Not in the last 9 years, actually. She chewed her lip. But I'll be under the water for an hour. How do I know I won't... she gasped. Her neck started to tingle.

  I need to get out now, she popped her head out of the sink, closed the egg, and took it out. She'd still have to compete even though nothing was precious to her, right? And what if she stayed in the water for too long? Just a few minutes to hear the egg's clue and she had already started changing. I'll find a way. But for now, I have to give the egg back to Potter, she groaned by just thinking of him. What a wuss, she snickered.

Sidestepping out of the bathroom, she dried her face with a towel and looked at it in the mirror. Her face was starting to speckle blue and pure white, and it was smooth yet rugged at the same time. She held up her finger, and a glowing blue orb appeared, a small humming noise coming out of it. She traced it along her face, the blue and white marks turning back to her pale white skin. She unlocked the door, and the whole Gryffindor common room facing her. Grinning at Potter, she dropped the egg in his hands, making him nearly drop it.

"You can have it, Potter. I figured out my clue. Good luck," She gave him a small smirk and slyly left the Gryffindor tower, snapping her finger.