A Train Full of Enemies (And Possibly Friends)

Black Rose looked at herself in the mirror. She had gotten a complete makeover, her hair had been cut shorter to her waist, her bangs had been transformed from their waved texture to a straight forehead version. Her eyes stayed the same, thank god, but the information that had been inscribed to her made her want to puke.

Nyx Nightwood was her new name, which wasn't that bad, but she had to fake her age. She registered as 15 years old when she was 14, but that wasn't really a problem. The real problem was her registered family. Her 'family' was muggle born, and just the thought of acting like one made her want to puke. And even though The Dark Lord had told her ahead of time about Croutch, she still despised him. He was too loyal. As in willing to betray her for the Dark Lord. And her wand! It was fake, hollow, but she had to carry it with her like it was some use. All it did was slow her powers down. She had to take an absurd amount of time channeling it through the useless stick, and was instructed to bring it with her. She scoffed. There was no way she was going to remember it, she would probably would mistaken a stick on the ground for it!

She heard someone cough in annoyance, and snapped her head towards them, hostility in her eyes. "What?" She snapped, not in the mood to conference with anyone. She hadn't noticed a silver haired boy glare down at her, his pale eyes almost matching hers. He pointed at the seat she was sitting on in the train.

"That's my seat," he looked at her snakily, and two boys behind him gave a low chuckle. She analyzed him for a few moments. Draco Malfoy, son of Lucius Malfoy. Status of Loyalty: Currently unknown, he's too young. As for the other two behind him, probably are his lackeys. By the way he talks, he's probably a high ranking in his house, which judging by his cloak is obviously Slytherin. She had been looking at him so much that he smirked and to her horror, got the wrong idea.

"Like what you see, first year?" He snickered, and the other boys behind him laughed. She gave him an irritated scowl. He acts like he knows everyone in his year. The apple doesn't fall far from its blossom, she rolled her eyes at him, and twirled her pencil between her fingers. The Dark Lord had said she needed to play a specific roll in the school; someone who was powerful yet mysterious. Black Ro- Nyx had usually been used to being like that anyways, so she just decided to silently sketch in her notebook while waiting for the train to reach Hogwarts, seeing that it couldn't do any harm.

"Don't act like you know everyone in your year, Malfroy. And if you're so picky about a seat, don't bother asking. Just like your useless father," She glared at him. She knew her Master would not be happy if he heard that she said that, but honestly the Malfoy's had to be put in their place. The silver haired Slytherin froze, then tried to recollect himself.

"What did you say?" He roared at her, but she had already closed the train cart door and exited the room. Satisfied to hear the noises of him infuriated, she she sat in a solitary area, her notebook grasped in her left hand and her right drawing. Sure, she was a mass murderer, but even psychopaths needed hobbies. She knew that by the end of the semester her notebook would be filled, she had already been taught every single charm, herb, and potion needed. She was in the middle of drawing her wand so she could remember how it looked like when a black haired boy with a scar on his forehead approached her.

She froze. Harry Potter. The Harry Potter. Her target. A million thoughts rushed her mind. She could kill him right now. No, he could survive, and I could kill myself. The possibilities of that happening are slim, but I have to be careful. She tried her best to ignore him, moving a strand of her long white lock behind her ear. He looked a bit uncomfortable to be talking to her.

"Er, that's where I si-" She couldn't even bother at this point. His voice made him sound wimpy, nervous, and annoying.

"First Malfoy, now you. Who's going to take my seat next, Dumbledore?" She snapped at him, then sharply stood up and opened the train door only to see a red head boy and a red head girl enter the cart. The girl was holding a pile of books in her hand, almost collapsing, while the boy was trying to help her with a flushed face. Nyx immediately recognized them. Hermione, the one Karkarrof is going to infiltrate. And Weasly, the sidekick. She scoffed at the sight of both of them. Pushing them aside, she once again opened the door, only to be met with an angry face.

"Oi! Did you just push us?" Weasly looked partly livid and flushed from the weight of the books. Nyx rolled her eyes at him and checked her nails.

"Did not just see me push you?" She once again rolled her eyes, earning a disgusted noise from Hermione. Nyx didn't care. Picking up her carry on bags with her 'wand', she finally found a secluded spot and opened her notebook, then closed it. I need to work on a plan. Master send Crouch as a spy in place of Mad Eye Moody, so I'll need to speak with him. And I need a way to corner Potter alone. As of loyalties, I need to hunt some people to see their true colors, her thoughts drifted to Draco, who from what she knew was partially oblivious of his father's plans. She shouldn't take chances, though.

"Why, you're different," A dreamy voice said to her. Nyx blinked, waking up from her devising. A Ravenclaw girl with weird glasses, beautiful moon earrings, and a dazed expression sat next to her, looking at Nyx peculiarly. She scowled.

"What do you mean, I'm different?" She said scornfully. The Ravenclaw girl didn't say anything, just pointed out the window. Nyx peered out and saw scaly black horse like beings with bat wings outside, and Nyx could practically smell the awful stench coming from them.

"What are those?" She whispered. The Dark Lord had never taught her of such a creature; maybe he forgot? No, Master could never forget. The dreamy girl with crazed glasses blinked.

"Those are Thestrals. You can only see them if you've witnessed death," She breathed, her fingers drawing on the window fog. Nyx sucked in a gasp. It was quite obvious that she had seen death, seeing that she was the murderer, but the beautiful Ravenclaw girl looked younger than her. Who did she loose? Wait, I shouldn't care.

"My mum," The young girl whispered, as if reading her mind. Sympathy edged Nyx's eyes. She had also lost her mother, but not the way this mysterious girl had. The dazed Ravenclaw turned towards her.

"Who did you loose?" She asked, tilting her head in the slightest way. She seemed so curious, weird, and interesting at the same time. But Nyx couldn't answer her question just because of that.

"Classified," She said stoutly, not trying to make any friends. The Ravenclaw tilted her her head once again, as if trying to peer into Nyx's soul. She then turned away, silently humming a song that Nyx had never heard before.

Nyx could feel the train stopping, and stepped outside the train. Her luggage in her hands, and her mission ready to begin, she gave a sharp breath.

This was not going to be easy.