Memories IX

Angelina POV

Charles fucking smirked, a sinister one. Not the one that can give me the will to confine within my courage and confidence, but the one to break them into pieces. Fatal injury and killing was always same to me. The only difference was, killing could give a person instant peace, but a fatal injury would keep the person in hell, before giving him the peace of death.

I looked up at Thomas, whose eyes were on me, even when Shirley tried her best to gain his attention. There is something so evidently visible in his cold stare, that I am able to read too instantly to my surprise. He is challenging me. So thats what is plan was all along. He is challenging me to kill someone, to murder someone heartlessly infront of the hundreds of trainees.

I take a deep breath, and smirks at him, and to my surprise he smirks back. Thats right, my theory is correct. As much as I don't want to break the trust he has on my strength, I can't give him the satisfaction of destroying my morality. I strain my eyes back to Charles, and waited for the signal to start. Today I will survive, both of us. I will make sure of that. And thats when the whistle goes off.

We circle each other, eyes not leaving each other, only his eyes were full of pride of the win, and mine was sympathetic towards him. I could feel my daggers in my body, threatening to reveal themselves. There were five of them total tucked up in my suit, when I got ready to fight, after Thomas's announcement. Jullie, made sure to hide three of them, so that I can use when I am about to win. Sounds weird? But I get it. Tactis and outsmarting.

Predators don't attack first, Angel.

I wait for Charles to attack first. His posture and the way he is staring at me, feels like either he is aiming for my ribs, or my abdomen. But before I can actually think of some self defense, he pounces at me with great speed, jumping in the air, allowing a free kick to come towards my head. My eyes widen, when I realise I was wrong, and with reflexes, I bend down enough to dodge the attack. Fuck! He is fast.

But he doesn't stop. The moment he landed and saw me dodging the kick, his nostrils flare, allowing dozens of kick to come flying towards me, which I dodge skillfully. He has to get tired, he has to make a mistake. His kicks were wide and always pointed at my ears, to knock me off. I mentally smirk, as a beautiful strategy came to my mind.

I strech my legs in order to bend down at a perfect height, for dodging his kicks, and when his kick was enough wide to touch me, I swirl around, launching my first attack in between the space on his legs, with my left leg, and then jump to punch on his right jaw with my right leg. He stumbles backward, and moan in pain as he crouched. Poor little thing.

"Kill him!", That voice spoke again, and I huff in annoyance. "No!", I shout, earning everyone's attention towards me. "You darn idiot!" I mentally smirk, at his reaction though. Charles is now on his feet again, and glaring furiously at me. I again smirk, to irritate him. A person makes mistakes when he is angry. I believe this, so did Father. But this time, he smirks back, confusing me. And that is when I see him taking out his sword, and I swear I heard everyone gasp, as much as I did.

He launches towards me, too fast for me to dodge, but I was quick enough not let his attack harm. The blade came in contact with my arm, slicing it enough deep too ooze blood out from it. I hiss in pain, but didn't loose focus. He smirks again, a victorious smirk.

This jerk will gonna cry today. He is not that of a movements reader, so I slowly slip my hands across my waist as I feel the handle of the dagger in my hands. My eyes are focused on his hands, while his were strained on my crossed hands across my waiste. I smirk, as he dances towards me, with his sword aiming at my abdomen, which I carefully dodge, all the while directing a straight kick as near his ears, and slicing through his arms with my daggers. Oh! How I love playing with my daggers!