Chapter Seven: BladeRunners Pt.1

ALEX'S POV

It's been four months since the Winchesters took Alex in and the three of them have bonded in the short period of time. Sam felt like the big brother she never had. He's very mature at thirty-two and he could pretty much relate with Alex and also they both enjoyed pranking Dean on their rare days off. Dean on the other hand, was something else.

Ever since her first night in the Men of Letters bunker, they've gotten to be close. Not as close as she is with the younger Winchester but they were close friends. And over the course of their time together, Alex developed a crush on the Elder Winchester and him flirting with her only made it worse.

"Hey Sammy, watcha up to?" Asked Alex as slid into a chair next to him as she took a sip of her beer.

She looked across the library and noticed Dean with his cellphone, pacing across the vast room and mumbling something to himself. Alex peered back to Sam's laptop screen and noticed pictures of a man killing another with a strange looking blade. Her eyes darted down to the title of the article.

"I thought Dean told you not to do any research on the mark." She whispered in his ear.

"Well I need to do something to help him out." Sam whispered back at her as he continues to read.

"I understand that you're trying to help him out even though he told you not to. But can you do when he's not in the same room with you?" She responded.

As soon as Sam open his mouth, Dean grunted catching both their attention,"Come on, Crowley. Pick up! Where the hell is he? It's not like he's got a social life."

Alex gave Sam a quizzical look. "Uh, are you actually worried?" Asked Sam as he turned away from Alex and looked up at Dean.

"Guy's got one job -- find the First Blade, bring it back. How hard is that?" Dean answered his little brother before looking up at Alex, giving her a small smile.

Quickly, she felt her cheeks get hot and she quickly looked away from Dean and back to Sam's computer screen. "It's Crowley. He's not exactly a team player." Sammy said with a sigh.

"Yeah, but his ass is on the line, too. He goes missing for weeks on end without a peep? Well, not one that makes sense, anyway. Listen to this." Dean replied as he stops pacing and walks over to Sam and Alex while going through his phone.

He places it on the table and taps the screen. "Dean. Um..." says a voice with a British accent as it continued to ramble.

Sam and Alex gave each other another quizzical look, before looking back and the Elder Winchester.

"Wait a second. Did he...Drunk-dial you?" Asked Sam as he raised an eyebrow.

Dean glared at his younger brother before picking up his phone and placed it back up to his ear. "Come on." Grunted Dean.

The room fell silent as Alex watched Dean resume his pacing back and forth across the room and Sam back on his laptop, before she cleared her throat and spoke up, "Why don't we summon him the old-fashioned way?" Both brothers snapped their heads at her in surprise.

"Marlowe, you're a genius!" Dean practically shouted as he hung up his phone, rushed towards her and pulled her into a massive hug, making her breath hitch.

I hope he didn't hear that thought Alex as he pulled away from her and grabbed his keys from the table. "Come on Sammy!" Said Dean as he turned on his heel, grabbing his army jacket from the chair and headed out of the library.