Chapter Nine: The First Blade

ALEX'S POV

"Dean, we've been driving for the past hour. Where the hell are we going?" Alex asked Dean as she tapped her fingers against Baby's window.

"It's Crowley. I tracked his cell to this hotel outside of Lawrence." Dean responded not taking his eyes off the road.

"I'll call Sam then." Alex reached into her pocket to grab her phone but Dean grabbed her hand, sending a small spark through her body.

"No, don't do that. We can handle it, right Marlowe? Just us girls." He winked which left Alex blushing. I seriously need to stop blushing or else I'll never hear the end of it. Alex thought to herself as she slid the phone back into her pocket.

"Alright fine, if anything happens, I'm calling Sam got it?" She warned.

"Yeah, yeah." Dean rolled his eyes.

The rest of the ride was silent of course, and Alex found it odd that Dean was taking her to see Crowley rather than his younger brother.

"Hey, Dean?" Alex broke the silence.

"Yeah kid?" He took a quick glance at her then back to the road.

"You know, you could've dropped me off at the bunker and picked up Sam right?" She said suggestively.

"Yeah, I do. But I didn't." Dean replied.

"Okay, but why? Shouldn't this be too dangerous for a rookie like me?" She mocked.

"Hey, you wanted adventure so I'm giving you adventure." Dean countered. "Now pipe down I'm trying to listen to some Zeppelin." He added as he stopped at a red light and turned his head towards her.

She sat there for a moment, her mind going back to that moment back at the diner. The flirting between the both of them and Dean's plump lips wrapping around her straw, stealing a sip from her milkshake. Oh my, I wonder what else he could do with those lips. Alex thought to herself as she pressed her thighs together.

"You alright there, kid?" Dean interrupted her inappropriate thoughts.

"Ummm yeah... yeah." She replied, digging her nails into the passenger seat.

Let it go, Alex. He's not even into you. Alex had to remind herself, then frowned at the thought. "How much longer before we get to Crowley?" She asked, trying to take her mind off the elder Winchester and on the task at hand.

"We're here." Dean answered before parking the car across the street from the hotel. The two of them get out of the Impala and head towards the trunk. Dean opens it and lifts up the trunk's compartment revealing weapons ranging from sawed-off shotguns to spears, muskets and everything in between.

"Holy Shit." Alex muttered to herself as her eyes lit up to the amount of weapons the boys fit into the Impala's trunk.