Chapter Sixteen: Do You Believe in Miracles? Part 1

Three Weeks Later...

Alex POV

"How's the hunt for Metadouche comin' along?" Asked Alex as she put her phone on speaker.

"We keep hitting dead ends Marlowe," Sam answered back and Alex could hear the oldest Winchester shout in the background. "We'll be home soon baby!"

She couldn't help but giggle at Dean's antics.

"Hey Alex, can I talk to you when we get home?" Sam asked and the concern started to
settle in her brain.

"The Mark?" She questioned.

"Yeah."

"Alright, well I'll see you soon." Alex said before hanging up and tossing her phone on
the bed.

It's been almost four days since Alex and the boys were in the bunker before Cas called Dean
about angels smiting other angels in the name of Castiel.

Before the boys left to help Cas, Dean and Alex got into an argument over him not letting her go with them. But in the end she didn't want to fight anymore and instead obliged and stayed at the bunker, finding more research on the Mark of Cain and anything else that can get rid of the mark.

She groaned in frustration, set her laptop down, got out of her room and headed to the kitchen. She figured she'd take a break from research and make herself some tea. She placed the teapot on the stove and sat down at the table, pulling her phone out and sent a message to Sam.

"How's he doing?"

Almost immediately she received a message back from the younger Winchester. 

"He's pissed Harley. Metatron is seriously getting at him,"

She grimaced at that response. She hated that she couldn't do anything to help the love of her life. Because that's what she felt and she absolutely hated it. Don't get her wrong, she enjoys being in a relationship with the green-eyed hunter, and the sex was amazing, but that wasn't what it was about.

They spent most nights, staying up late and talking about everything that came to mind. Sometimes they would spend most of their days working on Baby. She was always amused by the look on Dean's face when he saw her out in the garage, tinkering with the impala. She always beat Dean when it came to the car's maintenance. The high pitched whistle of the tea kettle snapped her out of her thoughts. 

She got up from the table and headed back to the stove, shutting it off and grabbed the tea kettle with a rag. Suddenly she heard the heavy door of the bunker open and then shut, followed by heavy footsteps walking down the stairs.

She put the tea kettle back down on the stove and raced out into the map room where she saw Dean, Sam and Cas standing, both Winchester boys dropping their duffle bags on the hardwood floor.