Chapter Thirteen: King of the Damned Pt. 1

SCOTLAND 1723

"What else am I missin'?" Said a man with curly brown hair and a Scottish accent who was packing the last of his things into his wooden suitcase and shut it closed. Suddenly, there was a bright light behind him, making the hairs on the back of his neck stand on end. 

He soon realized that he was no longer the only person in the room as he turned around and noticed a figure stepping out of the brightness.

"What's that you say? Come in? Don't mind if I do." said a sultry voice, the man with the curly brown hair realizing it was a woman.

She had fiery red hair and was dressed in black, although her clothing was rather odd. "Who are you?" The man questioned. "What do you want?"

She walked over to the door to her right, pulled out something he couldn't make out, and started drawing a strange symbol with red liquid. "I'm a friend of the family. And I want you." She replied simply as she continued the task at hand.

"I have no idea who you are. But you'll be takin' your leave now. Thank you." He replied angrily as he stormed over to the woman in black.

"Yes. You're packing." She said matter of factly, turning away from the task at hand to the man with the curly brown hair. "Sailing for the colonies. I know all about it. Change of plans." She added with a smirk.

"Ooh. What's this, then?" said another man who entered the house. "Are we having a party?" He said in a low voice as he walked over to the woman in black, looking her over.

"Yes." The woman said as her bright green eyes flashed obsidian. "A farewell party." She simply raisedher hand, sending the man flying across the room, impaling him through the neck on a peg. Shock and horror filled the man with the curly brown hair's face as he makes the sign of the cross across his chest.

Quickly, the woman in black grabbed the young man by his white shirt and dragged him over the
heavy, wooden door with the strange symbol.

"Kah-nee-lah, poo-goh." She chanted. "Kah-nee-lah!"

The red markings on the door begin to glow into another bright white light, enveloping the two of
them.

...

291 YEARS LATER:

LEBANON, KANSAS DECEMBER 2014

ALEX'S POV

"Hey guys? You want coffee?" Alex shouted from the kitchen as she began pouring the powdered
coffee into the filter and placed it back on the coffee maker. She heard footsteps coming down the hallway. She turned around as Dean walked into the kitchen, wearing tight navy blue t-shirt, boxer briefs and slippers, wrapped around in what Alex loves to call it a "Dead man's robe" since it was probably owned by one of the old Man of Letters who lived here. Man! How does he make a dead guy robe look hot?