Chapter Ten: Magnus

DEAN'S POV

Dean hated that he had to make Alex leave the dungeon but he felt it was absolutely necessary if he wanted to get his hands on the First Blade. After a few hours of researching the files on The Men of Letters, Dean started rubbing his temples, trying to ease the throbbing pain in his head.

"It's not a very good scotch, is it?" Crowley spoke up, making Dean look up from the file in front of him.

"What?" He asked.

"Okay, Crowley, we have gone through the records for the entire membership in 1958. Every single name matches the men who were killed." Sam interjected as he ran a hand through his long hair in frustration.

Out of the corner of his eye, Dean noticed Crowley holding a copy of Busty Asian Beauties, flipping through the pages in interest. "That would be the active membership, correct?" Crowley asked as he wiggled his eyebrows at Sam as Sam rolled his eyes in response.

"Anyways, were you two dropped on your heads a great deal? Like I told you, rumor has it that a rogue member was tossed out on his arse. Does that make him "active"? Seriously, boys, how did you ever function without me?" He shouts as he as he turns his sights back to the magazine. "Well, hello, Miss Ichigatsu."

As Sam and Crowley continued to bicker, Dean noticed there was a box on the table that wasn't even open. Come to think of it, Didn't Sam only bring two boxes? Thought Dean as he reached over and grabbed the box. He wiped the box with his hands as he noticed that it was a little dusty.

"Infamati et obliterati." Dean said as he opened the lid.

"Dishonored and forgotten." Crowley replied as he finally put the magazine down onto the table.

Suddenly, Dean got up from his chair and picked up the box. "Hey Dean! Where are you going?" His younger brother called out as Dean reached the doorway.

"Just keep an eye on Crowley okay Sammy?" He called out as he left the dungeon.

"What are you doing here?" Alex asked as she looked up from the book in her hands. Dean walked over and placed the gray box onto the table and sat down by her.

"So, I was wondering who put this box downstairs without any of us seeing them." Dean replied as he took her bottle of beer and took a sip.

She took her gaze away from him and he noticed her cheeks turning bright pink. "You okay?" Dean asked as he raised an eyebrow at her.

"Yeah, fine." She smiled politely. "Any luck so far?"

"Nope. Wondering if you could help me out since you did leave the box in the dungeon. How did you do that by the way?" Dean asked as he grabbed the box and placed it in between the two of them.

He opens the top and reaches in, handing Alex a few files. She places the files besides her, leans in and whispers in his ear, "I'm a ninja."

"You're such an idiot you know that?" He replied with a chuckle.

"Yeah, but you love me though." She replied with a wink.

"I have my doubts." He answered with a smirk. Of course I love you. Thought Dean as he quickly grabbed a file and skimmed through it.

"Wow. This guy was something." Dean announced after a long pause.

"Hmm?" Alex looked up from her file as Dean handed her a piece of paper.

"Tough name." She said after studying the paper for a moment.

"Yeah, Cuthbert Sinclair. I'd have just gone with "Magnus." Dean answered back.