Chapter Seventeen: Do You Believe in Miracles? Pt. 2

CAS' POV

"There! I see him!" Cas heard Sam shout as the long-haired hunter raced over to the nearby field.

As soon as they made it over to Gadreel, the fallen angel tried his best to crawl away. "Please..." He begged, clutching onto his chest, "I'll leave you alone."

"We're not here to hurt you." Castiel replied softly as he crouched beside the angel, holding out two fingers above Gadreel's head.

"No," Gadreel shook his head. "You're grace. Healing me will only weaken you." He warned Cas.

It was no doubt that he was right, but Castiel didn't care. In order to take down Metatron, both he and Sam needed Gadreel's help. He placed both fingers on the fallen angel's head and instantly healed him, and suddenly he heard the voice that made his blood boil.

"I'd like to take a moment to welcome you all back." The voice in Cas' head boomed. Metatron the angel thought to himself. "I want you to know how moved I am that you've accepted me as your new God. My heart as they say, is full, which is why I want to share some wonderful news with you. I'm going on a short trip. Heaven's door will be temporarily closed, pending my return, but rest assured all will be explained and it will be... glorious." Metatron's voice echoed through Castiel's mind.

"Did you hear him?" Gadreel asked cautiously, as he got up from the ground slowly.

"Metatron? Yes. Where is he going? What does he want?" Castiel questioned Gadreel, grabbing him by the collar.

"I'm afraid... Humanity," Gadreel answered right away.

ALEX'S POV

After hearing the bunker door slam shut, Alex got up and left her room in search for some food in the kitchen. She felt so much at ease now that she took the edge off with the joint in her hand. Finally reaching the kitchen, she opened the fridge and rummaged through the rows, her bloodshot eyes stopping at the leftover Chinese food from the night before. She pulled the carton and kicked the door behind her. Suddenly she heard a door slam shut and the smell of sulfur penetrate the airspace of the kitchen.

"Godammit Dean." Alex muttered to herself before leaving the carton on the counter before taking off.

Grabbing a pump action shotgun from the rack, she made her way towards the overwhelming stench of Sulfur.

I must be close, she thought to herself as the smell became stronger. She turned the corner but quickly hid behind the doorway, overhearing the conversation between Crowley and her boyfriend.

"Keep an eye out for the others, they can be here at any moment." Dean ordered as he started packing up a duffle bag.