The Novaks

Castiel's POV

Me and Gabriel are being pushed into a cell. I regret getting him into this, I regret making him help me kill her. But it was me or her... and when it came down to it, I chose me.

But I got locked up in this shithole anyways. At least Gabriel is my cellmate and not some big scary guy. Not that I couldn't take them, I am pretty muscular and strong myself.

"So, Cassie what now?" Gabriel says smiling and leaning against the wall.

I wince at that terrible nickname, "Don't call me that. Gabriel as I said I'm sorry I got you in here."

"It's no problem Cassie. You screwed up and you brought me down with you... I wish I could say I'm sorry for what I've done but I'm not. Meg was threatening you, you had no other choice but to kill her first."

I nod and shove my hands into the stupid orange jumpsuits we had to wear. "All you did was try to help me get away from the police... you gave me a place to stay and food to eat. And this, this is what you get in return."

"Don't forget Cassie... I've killed a lot more than you have. You have sacrificed everything for me... it's the least I could do. I don't mind being locked up for a couple years."

"Yes, but 5 years? It was self defense. But they figured out about... the other stuff and they stuck us in here. We need to stick together Gabe."

I don't want anyone hurting my brother, he'd had enough abuse when my father was around. But that all stopped when... no. I musn't bring up past thoughts.

Gabriel sat down on the bed across from mine and sighed, "This is not going to be fun to sleep on."

I nodded, knowing that my back would be aching when I finally get out of here. I've only been here for about an hour and I know I'll hate it.

The guards unlock our cells and let us out saying it was time for lunch. We go through the line and get our food. Some people walk to the front of the line and get special trays. Gabriel taps the guy in front of him on the back and he turns around looking at the two of us. He is taller than Gabriel which is no big surprise because everyone is taller than Gabe. He is a little taller than me with dirty blonde hair and his eyes are a cute blue. But not as blue as mine. He is quite attractive if I do say so myself.

"Who are they?" Gabriel asks the cute guy pointing to the two people who had skipped in the line.

"You guys must be new. They are the Winchester brothers. They basically rule this prison. Wouldn't get in their way if I were you."

I look over at the Winchesters but all I can see is their orange backs because their sitting faced away from us at a table.

"My name is Adam." The cute boy says.

"My name is Gabriel."

"I'm Castiel." Adam's eyes widen and I squint and tilt my head confused. Why was he acting this way?

"Well-" Adam coughs awkwardly, "Do you two wanna sit with me?"

We nod and follow him to a table where no one else sat. Gabriel sits next to me and Adam sits in front of me.

He is still staring weirdly at me and I raise an eyebrow at him, "Why do you do that?"

"Do what?" He asks snapping out of his daze.

"You look at me very weirdly. You did so also when I introduced myself."

"Oh. Castiel, your voice is very... deep. Not what I expected. You look so gentle and pure on the outside but when you speak it's like woah." Adam explains. I have been told on many occasions that my voice does not quite fit my body.

"I suppose that makes me quite dangerous now doesn't it? I suppose of I were a serial killer I could lure people with my innocence and then kill them. No one would expect a kitten to kill someone."

I realize that I'm being facetious and Adam chuckles, "You are pretty cute."

"Oh, you two stop flirting." Gabriel says.

I laugh, which is something I don't do often. "So, what did you do to get in here?" Adam asks which makes me look down and frown.

"I don't feel comfortable talking about it." I admit honestly.

"I'm sorry. I don't mean to pry. Well, how long have you got?" Adam apologizes.

Gabriel holds up five fingers and Adam whistles. "I've only got three more, I've been here for seven already."

I look up at him in shock. I can't believe someone so good looking could have done something so bad to get ten years in prison.

"In case you're wondering I didn't kill anyone. I robbed a bank. Almost got away with it too."

I sigh in relief. I am such a hypocrite. I was gonna think of him differently if he had killed someone. That was exactly what I was afraid of him doing to me. Who the hell am I to judge because I'm actually guilty of murder.

"I know what it's like... you wouldn't have done it of you didn't have a good reason to."

"Yeah, I needed the money for my mom. She has Cancer and... we didn't have enough money to treat her so I went out and got some. She uh- she died last year though. She was actually recovering but my asshole step father pulled the plug on her." Adam let a tear slide from his eye. Just one. But he wiped it away.

I took his free hand in mine and smiled reassuringly. I really liked Adam, he was only trying to help his mother. He looked up at me in shock and gasped.

He let another tear slip down his cheek and he looks into my eyes, "I'm sorry... it's just been so long since I've touched another person. Plus your hand is so soft."

I blush at his complement and Gabriel clears his throat. "So, more about these Winchester dudes. What did they do?"

My hand was still clasped in Adam's. "Well, Dean Winchester has done a lot of bad things. Most of them rumors I have no idea what's true and what isn't. But from what I've gathered, he has robbed several banks. He was always stealing, small things mostly. Sam and Dean's father used to beat them and he would get drunk. A lot. Their father left and that's why they were always stealing things.
They robbed banks for money and moved around a lot. Impersonating FBI agents and stuff to get into important places. Sam is a master hacker and he hacked into a really important person's server. Probably for information.
Apparently, someone killed their mom when they were little or something and they were obsessed with finding her killer.

Sam found out where he lived and him and Dean went there. There was guards because the guy was rich. Sam and Dean killed everyone in that house. And when the time came to kill the person who murdered their mother. Dean did it alone stabbing him fifty times. They weren't caught then, they were careful not to leave a trace of evidence that they were there.

They went out and killed a lot of bad people. I guess they were trying to do good. Once they were caught, they were sentenced to 20 years in prison. They were around 15 when they were caught. They were young but they were masterminds. No one messes with them. They get out in six, but Sam has asked to have their sentence reduced."

I listened to every word that came out of Adam's mouth. They were around me and Gabe's age.

"Damn." Gabriel said from beside me.

Lunch was over and the gaurds had told us that we were to go outside. It was a break where you got to socialize and smoke if you did.

Adam, Gabriel, and I walked out together and stood by the fence. I noticed two familiar looking guys coming toward us. "Why are the Winchesters coming over here?" I whispered to Adam.

Adam looked up and kind of got in front of me like he was going to protect me. I smiled at his gesture and looked back up to find the two Winchester boys in front of us. The smile was wiped off my face and I kept my head down. I really don't want any trouble on my first day.