Bobby

*I'm determined to finish this story but it's going to take some time. This is going to be short. ✌ until next time. See you then...*

As Sam and I walked down the hallway I became more eager with each step. It'd been so long since Bobby had come to visit us. I knew he had a reason. Whatever it was, it had to have been good.
The inmates were silent on both sides. Normal for this place. Sometimes it amazed me how much power we had.

I mean, we couldn't have been that scary.  Sure Sam was 6'4 and had a muscular build. And I was around 6'1 also muscular. But everyone who knew me, knew that I treated those close to me with love and respect. I would stop at nothing to make sure those I loved were safe.
And now- that included Cas.

He doesn't deserve to be here. Nonetheless if he hadn't of done whatever he did to get in here he never would've met me. And who doesn't want to meet Dean Winchester.

I knew what people said about me. Me and Sam... we were the bad guys. The big bad criminals. Ironically Sam and I are one of the kindest people. Not at all what you would expect from two famous criminals.

Deep down I knew it blew that that's all we were. And that's all we were ever going to be. Criminals.
We'd never get to have a family of our own or have any kind of normal life. Not that we'd know what that was.

I noticed a guard standing just outside the door to the visiting area. He nodded at us as we walked through with ease.
As soon as I stepped foot into that room I saw him. I saw the man who raised me. The man who I'd admired. The man who never betrayed me or let me down.

The man that should've been my father.

Sam hugged Bobby for a few seconds. After all that's all we were allowed. And then it was my turn. I hugged that man like my life depended on it. Swallowing my tears thickly I clung to his plaid like he'd vanish if I let go.

Plaid. That was one thing I missed. I hated wearing these orange jumpsuits. They were unflattering and we're overall a symbol of another piece of humanity being separated from me. And all the others here.

We sat down across from him. He looked at us with shining eyes, "It's good to see you boys."

Sam smiled, "It's good to see you too Bobby."

"So... anything new?" Bobby asked apprehensively.

"Other than taking a few new inmates under our wing nothing much, there's not much that goes on in prison life. Not like it's meant to be entertaining." I quip.

Sam rolled his eyes and chuckled, "We are being punished, Dean."

Anger boiled inside of me. "We shouldn't be. It's not like it's our fault."

Sam sighed, "Mainly- it is. Dean, you can't keep blaming other people for your problems. In the end, we chose to make those decisions. We knew the risks. And this just happened to be one of them."

I nodded in agreement silently. I knew he was right.

"After all, it's not that bad." Sam mused.

"Sure we're not being tortured but... I'd like to have some freedom. You know? Be able to do something with my life."

Sam licked his lips, "Yeah, I know what you mean."

Trying to lighten the mood I quickly add, "I know right? We could be doing better things like taking care of Bobby."

I punched the old man in the arm Lightly, "I don't need none of your idjits' help."

Sam snorted, "Okay Wheels."

We all laughed lightly. Losing his legs hadn't been part of Bobby's plan at all. It was hard for him, we knew this. Especially because we weren't there anymore he mostly had to take care of himself.
It killed Sam and I to have to worry constantly about him.
Thankfully, he seemed to be doing alright on his own.

Bobby adjusted the old, worn, baseball cap on top of his head. He leaned back in his chair with a low sigh, "You said new inmates?"

Sam rubbed his neck as if he were nervous. I bet him and Gabriel have already screwed.

And here I am still trying to kiss Cas. Jesus. Why did my brother have to be so much better at this than me?

It was unfair really. And we were about to kiss if Sammy himself hadn't interrupted us.

"Sam's got the hots for one." I blurted.

His face turned even more red as he glared at me.

Bobby's eyebrows shot up. "What..."

"Yeah well, Dean likes the other one."

Bobby gave a sigh that turned into a laugh. He mumbled something under his breath about 'toddlers'

I turned to Sam and gave him a bitchface. "Bitch"

Sam glared right back at me, "Jerk."

"Idjits."

Sam and I turned towards Bobby. He hates when we bicker back and forth.

"Do you boys actually like the new inmates?"

Sam and I both nod our heads.

Bobby pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed, "Well... if you do. And you aren't just using them. Then you need to be educated on how to show affection. Because you boys haven't been exposed to much-"

I opened my mouth to object but Bobby held up a hand to stop me from speaking. I closed my mouth and listened intently.

I knew we needed to know this. Because what he said was true after all. Sam and I weren't loved as kids. And the relationships we have had have been short or ended badly. It was especially difficult to be in a relationship or even act nice to someone after being in prison for so long.

He continued, "You have to listen to them. Take interest in their lives. But not too much interest that it's creepy. And being in prison and all it may come off that way. Be nice to people. No one wants to be with a jerk. Just do little acts of kindness for them and make it clear you like them. They should get the message."

Sam nodded. I questioned his advice in my head. How could he know all of this for sure. Yet, he was happily married for years with his late wife Karen.
After she died he just wasn't the same. He was more gruff. He never seemed to smile anymore.

"So... Bobby, why did it take you so long to come and see us? We were worried?" Sam asked.

Bobby visibly tensed. He pursed his lips as if he was willing himself to say something, "Yeah about that....

John's back."

*Sorry for the cliffhanger. See you soon!*