Tired

Dean's POV

I was so tired. Tired of being cooped up in this cell. Tired of not being able to wear flannel. Tired of not being able to express how I feel.

For a moment, I just wanted to say fuck it.

I laid on my back, looking at the stone ceiling of the cell.
It was night time. I wasn't tired. In fact, I was wide awake.
I could hear Cas' light breathing.
And by the looks of it, he was able to sleep.

I sighed and pressed my eyes tightly shut.
I heard a squeak from the bed across from me.
I looked and found Cas sitting on the edge of my bed with sweatpants and a thin, gray, shirt on.

His hair was ruffled and he looked exausted. He leaned against the wall and smiled tiredly at me, "Can't sleep either huh?"

I chuckled and sat up. Even though it was dark I could see him clearly. "Yeah."

He put a hand on my leg that was covered by the blanket, "You have any clue why that might be?"

I bit my lip, "Just, thinking about some things..."

Cas scooted closer, "Like what?"

I sighed, "Things."

Cas rolled his eyes and huffed, "What specifically are you thinking about?"
He tilted his head like a cute puppy.

I kind of just said, 'fuck it'.

I cast my eyes downwards, "You."

His eyebrows scrunched together, "If it's about what I did to get in here, Is understand."
He pulled his hand away from my leg.

I scooted forward and snatched his retreating arm.

He raised his eyebrows at me.

"No, Cas. It's not that. I-" I thought for a moment for the right words. Did I say I loved him? Did I love him?

I sighed sharply, "I really like you Cas. Like, more than a friend. I don't know there's just something about you... you're just so... real. I understand if you don't feel the same-"

I was interrupted by Castiel's finger on my lips. Prohibiting me from talking. A smile spread across his face, "I like you too."

"Really." I licked my lips and his eyes followed the movement.

"Really."

He crawled towards me and put his hand on my cheek. He leaned forwards and as our lips met I suddenly became aware that this was actually happening.

Finally. After all this time of pining after him, he felt the same way.

I kissed him passionately and deeply.
I pulled the blanket off of me and he crawled onto my lap.

I ran my fingers through his bed-head and pulled slightly.

He whined into the kiss and ground down into my erection.
It felt too hot in the room.

I took my shirt off and my chest was met with cold air.
Cas did the same and I pulled him close as I nipped at his already swollen lips.

He looked amazing. With his fluffy hair all ruffled and a lustful look in his eyes when he pulled back for air.

I was entraced.

Suddenly, an alarm sounded throughout the prison, echoing off the walls.

I was filled with panic. Of course this would happen now. Nothing ever worked out for me.

I broke out in a cold sweat as I slightly pushed Cas off to get him off of me.

He looked around, looking for the source of the annoying sound. Harsh, blinking, red lights were seen from the inside. I could feel the panic setting in.

"WHAT'S HAPPENING?" He yelled over the sound. Still his voice sounded muffled.

"THIS ALARM IS AN ALERT. WHICH MEANS SOMETHING BAD HAPPENED  AND WE HAVE TO EVACUATE NOW!"

I pulled on my shirt and grabbed a coat from the edge of my bed and threw Cas one as well.

By then I'd forgotten completely about sex. These alarms only happened in emergencies, since the guards hated how riled up the inmates became.

The whole thing always happened so fast.

Inmates began banging on their bars trying to see what was going on. A guard came up to our cell and unlocked the door. Telling us to walk to the courtyard.

There were so many people in the hallway that I became claustrophobic. I puffed out my chest to get as much space as possible.
Cas walked bedside me. He looked so small and unsure.

As we reached the doors to the courtyard, I could feel the coldness of the fall air.

It was a temporary relief from the overwhelming body heat given off by all the bodies.

But soon the chill became uncomfortable. As we reached the courtyard, the guards had to do a headcount.

The air was so cold, you could see your breath.

Cas huddled closer to me for warmth.
Our jackets bulking.

As guards went down the line, shouting inmate numbers.

There were murmurs and coughs from the crowd. Everyone was wondering what was going on.

Usually they had a headcount for prison escapes, reports of violence, missing people, or if someone ratted.

No one would ever recall that someone was missing just by looking at the crowd. But I knew who was missing.

Sam.