Safe?

*Sorry guys I'm not going to have as much time to write since school has started. But I promise this story will continue. It will probably just be a little more time in between chapters. And they will be shorter. Thanks for reading!*

Dean's POV

I sighed and sat down on the edge of the bed. Gabriel sat up and leaned against the wall, just listening, although I'm sure he'd already heard the story from Sam.
I clasped my hands in front of me and waited for Sam to tell his story.

He leaned against the other side of the  cell as he began his story.

"During the day yesterday I caught wind that there was going to be a few new inmates. I immediately requested a list of names. As soon as I saw who was on the list, I requested that Gabriel and I be moved to solitary for our protection." He sighed as he continued, "Only when we were supposed to be asleep, I went to go check up on some things. That's when I saw him. John.
He waltzed right up to me with a smug look on his face and said, 'Might want to watch your back Sam. And your brother too. Now that I've found you I'm going to make your life a living Hell, just you wait.'"

He let the words sit for a moment. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. He threatened us? He had to know that we wouldn't just bow down. After all these years? No way.

"That's when he lunged at me... thankfully a guard was nearbye and knew that he wasn't supposed to be out during the night. Especially if he was a new inmate. It was one of our guards so thankfully I wasn't in trouble. After that, the alarm went off and I stayed to tell the guard what happened. I told him to keep John away from us and Gabriel and Cas. He said he'd inform the other guards as well."

Gabriel piped up, "Sam immediately took me here after that and that's where we've been for the past day. We thought Cas was safe with you."

I furrowed my eyebrows. Cas... where was he? What if John had already gotten to him? I pressed my eyes tightly together, "I don't know where Cas is. I've spent the last couple of days in the hospital wing."

Sam made a face, "What do you mean? What happened?"

"I found out about John and had one of my... attacks." My heart beat faster. Sam knew what it was like for me to have an attack. I would blackout in intense situations. It often got me in trouble.

Sam swallowed and nodded, "I assumed you knew from the way you reacted to hearing my story. I'm just glad those bruises aren't from John."

"Are they that noticable?"

Sam smiled, "Yes. But it's okay. It looks cool."

I half-smiled back at him, but my mind wasn't fully there. I was worried about Cas. I didn't like to not know where my people were.

I stood and ran a hand over my face, "I gotta go find Cas. Hopefully he's okay."

Gabriel nodded, "Last time I heard, he was in the library."

I wondered how Gabriel knew that. Maybe he'd made connections of his own.

"Thanks." I walked out of the cell and signaled the guard to lock it behind me. I told him to reserve a cell across from Sam's. I appreciated Gabriel being there for my brother.

It was funny to think that I had started out hating him. I guess it was just one of those big brother things.

Sam hadn't been happy in a while, but the way him and Gabriel were tangled asleep made me wonder if he had found happiness. Even in this place.

I was happy for him. It was strange being the one to be the last one to get the guy.
Typically I'd been a ladies man... then a man's man.... And then whoever wanted me's man.

Basically I was used to people being attracted to me. But it seemed the closer I got to Cas the more confused I became.

I hated not being able to read his feelings.

I was pissed that John was here. I was pissed that he decided to come back into our lives and screw everything up again.

It was like the universe was giving me a big 'fuck you' and I just had to take the loss.

I walked down the halls, looking for Cas. I couldn't help but think, was I really safe here? Could the guards protect us?
Even with surveillance and eyes watching at all times, there was no doubt in my mind that if be really wanted to get to us, he would.

I sighed and gnawed at my bottom lip.  As I arrived at the library I heard laughing.
It was strange hearing noise coming from the library because no one was ever in there. Many inmates had no interest in reading.
I'm not even sure some of them could read.

I opened the door and walked inside only to find Cas.

He was sitting at one of the tables, holding Adams hand and laughing at something he just said.

I swallowed the lump that began to rise in my throat.

Fuck.