John

*Damn IT'S BEEN A WHILE. The gif above is my attitude towards John. He's kind of going to be another antagonist in this story. Sorry if it's so short. But I will try to continue this story. A/N Every time I type Cas auto correct thinks it means Dad. And I think we all know... it's right*

Dean's POV

I swallowed the lump that arose in my throat. What did he mean? What could he mean? Could John get to him and Sam in prision? Of course he could. Still, they wouldn't have been in there if it weren't for John. He was a lousy excuse for a father. He was everything I didn't want to be. And I hated him. I hated the way I used to follow every command he'd given me. I hated how powerless he made me feel. How powerless he could still make me feel.

Sam looked at me concerned. He knew how much I despised our father. Even though Sam had much more of a reason to hate him.

He bit his lip while I stayed quiet, "What exactly do you mean?"

Bobby took his hat off and readjusted it. He rubbed his eyes and looked up at the two of us, "Well- he's back. Back in town."

Sam looked at me and murmured, "So what of he's in town? It's not like he's gonna come up in here and terrorize us."

Bobby cleared his throat. Both of us looked at him. His face grim and almost ashamed he spoke softly, "I also failed to mention that he's contacted me repeatedly and asked about you."

Without thinking I stood and yelled, "You didn't tell him where we are did you?!"

The guard gave me a look and I waved at him as I sat back down.

Bobby sighed, "Well- I had to. He threatened me. Besides, he only knows that you're in prison. He has no clue what cell numbers you're in or  any of your contact information. You guys are pretty smart and you've got connections. Tell your guards to look out for him. Make sure he can't get to you."

Sam closed his eyes and sighed, "Bobby, if you haven't forgotten our dad has a pretty good criminal record himself. He's smart. And he knows how to get what he wants."

"I know... I know. But in here you have power over who gets to see you. And I'm pretty sure you'll be alright if you just lay low."

Lay low. How are we supposed to lay low!? Our abusive father is looking for us. Nothing could be worse than that.
I felt panic begin to rise in my chest.

"Is that it?" I asked.

Bobby nodded.

Everyone else had long since finished their visits. And to be honest I was done talking. Sam signaled to the guards that he was finished with the visit and that he was ready to go back to his cell. Probably ready to fool around with Gabriel some more. Looks like he was having some luck in that department. Which I was not. Sadly.

And all thanks to the Jolly Green Giant of Jail.
Sam stood, "I'm gonna go ahead and head back. So uh-"

He waved awkwardly waved and walked back to his cell with swagger in his step. Definitely confident about something.

I smiled at the gesture even though I was jealous.

I looked back at Bobby who seemed to have been weighed down by his admission of news. "Sorry for yelling at you. I know this isn't easy for you either."

"I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have told him you guys were here. Just- do me a favor? Look out for yourself as well as Sammy. Don't need you guys to end up missing, okay kid?"

I smiled, "Thanks Bobby."
I was kind of upset that the news ruined our visit with Bobby, but it was still nice to see him.

I walked back to my cell, somehow happy. I opened our cell door and closed it behind me.

"Hey Cas. I'm back."

He looked up from the same spot he'd been in when I left. I sat down on the bed and chuckled, "Did you even move?"

He looked down awkwardly, "Not really."

Weird.

"I never got to ask- how are you liking prison so far?" I chuckled at my own little stupid quip.

"To be honest, I don't favor it. I'd rather wear my own clothes and be in my own home but I can't. I'd rather be able to spend a night alone to have at least an hour of alone time. You know I wonder often what you guys do when you need release. Obviously you couldn't do that with another inmate in the room and you can't go anywhere without guards breathing down your back. It's exhausting really never having a moment to yourself. Not being able to have access to technology or to the outside work whatsoever. Do they mean to drive you mad?" Cas was breathless after his tangent. He did have a point.

But now I knew he had human urges just like I did.

I chuckled, "Well this isn't vacation, unfortunately."

"I know that." He glared up at me.

"Woah- how long has it been?" I say jokingly.

He looks down and mumbles, "A very long time."

"Why?" I blurted.
He looked at me confused. I explained further, "I mean, you were free before right? Why didn't you find someone you liked? You know- a little one night stand..."

He pursed his lips, "I've never been very promiscuous. And- I suppose I just never found someone I liked. Never someone 'my type'."

"Your type. I see. What is your type." Way to be obvious Dean.

Castiel wondered for a moment. Obviously trying to find the right words, "I like people who are kind, and brave, and strong. Just people who are themselves and don't care about what anyone else thinks."

"I mean like physically." I chuckled. I felt like maybe Cas looked for the emotional traits more than the physical ones. I mentally cursed because that's all I was good at.

I was good at looking good. I wasn't good with expressing my feelings or being prince charming.

He smiled at me, "Cute. Short hair. Preferably a shade of blonde. Light eyes. Etc."

I swallowed, "Someone like Adam?"

He smiled, "No. Someone like you."