Gone

*I'm aware this is a short ass chapter, but shit goes down. I'll have you know that I have big plans for future chapters. Have fun reading  (;*

Dean's POV

As soon as the guards dismissed the inmates I grabbed the nearest guard by the collar who unluckily happened to be a newbie.

He looked up at me in fear. I clenched my teeth, not caring about the guards walking hurriedly towards us.

"Where is my brother?" I growled out as my fingers tightened on his lapel so hard they turned white.
As the guards approached, I raised my other hand to fend them off.

The stopped. Obviously knowing who was boss.

One of the guards I had particularly liked stepped forward, "Come on Dean. He's new. He doesn't know anything."

I closed my eyes and sighed heavily. Releasing the newbies jacket, and smoothing it out with a sarcastic smile, I turned towards the rest of them.

"Well then, can you jerks tell me where Sam is?" My words are dripping with hatred.

I can see Cas cowering behind me. I couldn't bring it in me to care.
My mind was on Sam.

I licked my lips and took a step towards them.

They shifted back as the guard I liked put his hands up showing he meant no harm, "All I know right now... is that he's in solitary."

I lashed out and grabbed his jacket like I did the other guys. The officers moved to help but the friendly guard stopped them.

I snarled in his face, "What do you mean? Sam would never do anything to end up in Solitary."

He gulped and cast his eyes downward, "It's not to exactly punish him- it's to protect him."

I scrunched my face up. What could a big, strong, guy like my brother need protecting from?

My grip loosened but my voice was still sharp, "Protecting him from what?"

He swallowed once more as he paled.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Spit it out."

He licked his chapped lips and cleared his throat, "It's.... Dean, your father is here."

I released his coat with a start. I stepped back as my eyes began to water. My voice got stuck in my throat.
I couldn't breathe. I knew I was having a panic attack.

And just like that... I was 16 years old again. Stumbling backwards from my father. Unable to breathe, fearing another blow.

Have to protect Sam. Protect Sam.

Somewhere through the fog, I knew I must've looked crazy.

My breaths suddenly came in gasps and pants. I could hear my heart beat in my head.

I fell to my knees and the blurry concrete faded into blackness.

Castiel's POV

I watched as my cellmate practically had a nervous breakdown.

I wasn't sure what to do. The display of aggression towards the guards just a few moments earlier had been rattling enough. Was he who I thought he was? What was he really capable of?

As he collapsed onto the ground I stood, frozen. I wasn't sure if the guards would let me help him up. I wasn't sure if I wanted to help him.

The guards rushed to his side and radioed the medical team.

They looked at me as if they just now noticed I was there. One of the guards'  expression hardened as he shouted, "Back to your cell, inmate."

I swallowed and took and unsure step backward.
I ran back towards the entrance and burst in through the doors.

I looked back only to see a group loading Dean onto a stretcher.

I turned my back and headed towards my cell.

-Time Skip-

I must've passed out at some point during the night. Because when I awoke, the guards were calling for breakfast.

I wiped the drool from my face and cracked my back. I looked at the bed next to me... it was empty.

Panic and confusion washed over me.

Where was Dean?

-

I don't know why, but I expected him to show up.

But when lunch came around, he was nowhere to be found. Neither of them.

I stood in line awkwardly and for served the ugly slop.

I looked out into the crowd.
With neither of the Winchesters in the lunchroom... I had nowhere to sit.

I remembered what happened the first day.

Gabriel was nowhere to be seen either.

I bit my lip, I only recognized one face.
And he was my only choice.

I walked towards his table and sat in front of him, just like I had the first day.
I don't know why I chose to sat there. I guess I assumed that I'd be kicked to the ground if I sat anywhere else.

He looked up at me in suprise. His baby blue eyes brightened as his eyebrows shot up.

His hair was a messy mop on his head, and he had dark circles under his eyes.

His mouth quirked into a smirk, "Hey stranger."

I licked my lips, unsure of my decision. But I had made it. So I rolled with it. My heart beating hard in my chest, I spoke, "Hey Adam."