*Kiss Me Like You Did* IGHS Sequel {11} Slash

Okay, so I don’t think there’s any point in pretending otherwise: I have some experience at not knowing how I feel, or why I feel it. Let’s be honest here. For one, I’m gay. That was a pretty confusing thing for an eleven year old to suspect about himself. Then, there was the whole falling-in-love-with-my-best-friend when I was fifteen, which was maybe even worse, cos I didn’t understand for a long time why I felt empty inside when he wasn’t around.

And then there’s now. I know I’m small and skinny and he could step on me like a bug, and I know he’s pretty much doing us a massive favour, but a quite large part of me wants to punch Johnny really hard in the face. The urge got stronger and stronger as I walked down the stairs to Jake’s room the next day, irrationally thinking he’d be in there, alone, with Jake, even though I knew he and Ryan had both left for their exam ten minutes ago.

By the time I knocked on Jake’s bedroom door, I was royally pissed off.

‘What’s wrong?’ Jake asked, frowning, as soon as he opened the door and saw my face, stepping back quickly to let me in without anyone seeing. He closed the door behind me and I threw myself at him, wrapping my arms tightly around his ribs and burying my face in his chest. Mine.

His arms snaked around me quickly and held me against his body as he rested his chin on my shoulder and stroked my back. ‘You gonna tell me what’s up?’ he asked gently after a few seconds, and I pulled back, glaring at him. I knew I was in no position to be angry, but I still was.

‘Have you done anything with Johnny?’ I demanded.

I guess I’ve gotten a little too used to Ryan coddling me. Jake crossed his arms over his chest, raising one eyebrow sceptically, and I knew he wasn’t gonna put up with my bullshit.

‘Have you done anything with Ryan?’ he asked mildly.

I felt my lower lip jut out defensively. ‘I asked first,’ I said through gritted teeth.

‘No I haven’t,’ he said, blinking those big ice-blue eyes at me. ‘Your turn.’

I dropped my gaze to the floor, ashamed. ‘Do you really wanna hear the answer?’ I whispered.

‘Dude, Johnny did us a really big favour yesterday,’ Jake said evenly, putting his weight on his right leg. ‘Why were you even back here?’

I shrugged. ‘I was trying to break up with Ryan,’ I said, feeling like a monumental dork. When he didn’t say anything I looked back up at him, to see his expression registering surprise.

‘You were?’ he managed, his voice kind of hoarse all of a sudden.

I shrugged. ‘Well. Yeah. I mean, we’re getting back together, right?’ Any other option hadn’t really occurred to me. We were perfect together. We were both still in love. What else would we do? ‘We can’t exactly do that if I’m still with Ryan, can we?’

‘We’re getting back together?’

I made a face at him. What was this shit? ‘Are you trying to fuck me over or something?’

‘No! No. I just, you know. Didn’t really know where I stood.’

I frowned, lifting my right hand to put it over my heart. ‘You stand here,’ I said firmly.

Jake grinned. ‘How on earth do I fit?’ he joked, and I scowled til he walked over and smoothed my face out with his hands, leaning in to kiss me once softly. ‘Skate park?’

I grinned as well. ‘Let’s go.’

Jake’s POV