Slash (12) I'm Gay, He's Straight [boyxboy]

When I woke the next morning I could see through the crack in Jake’s curtains that it was just getting bright outside. I glanced at his alarm clock, which read 4:45, and snuggled back into his warm body, which was curled around mine, happy that I had a few hours to nap before I’d have to go home, before my parents checked on me. I grabbed his arm, which was draped loosely across my waist, and pulled it tighter around me, just relishing the sensation of his bare chest pressed against my back.

 ‘Ughnn,’ Jake groaned, but pulled me tighter against him and snuggled his face into my neck. ‘Why do you wake so early?’ His hot breath tickled my skin and I wriggled happily.

 ‘I don’t need sleep,’ I replied, my voice thick with it.

 ‘Liar,’ Jake said, shifting slightly, and his feet rubbed off mine.

 ‘Footsie in bed, how original,’ I teased.

 ‘Yeah, shut up. What’s the plan for today?’

 ‘Well,’ I said, rolling over to face him and laying my forehead against his. I was a few inches below him in the bed so I was looking up at him, and his midnight blue eyes almost sent me into a daze. ‘I’m gonna sneak home soon and try to shimmy up the drainpipe so my parents don’t notice I snuck out to see a boy last night.’

 ‘Mmm.’ Without his calcium fix Jake was still dopey with sleep, and closed his eyes so I was no longer in any daze-related danger. ‘I’ll come with you. Watch you shimmying up the pipe.’

 ‘Ha, and, indeed, ha,’ I said sarcastically. ‘You have to stay here. You can pick me up later for our date.’

 ‘Our date?’ Jake’s eyes had snapped open again.

 ‘Yeah, this magnificent first date you seem to think you can pull off.’ I paused and put on a girly voice. ‘If I’m gonna be the girl then you’ll have to wine and dine me first,’ I teased.

-----------------

One hour, a lot of cuddling, and one sweaty make-out session later I was standing underneath my bedroom window, regarding the grey porridge I’d thrown out the night before as it congealed on the rose bushes. I was about to grab onto the trellis and climb back inside when my mother’s head stuck out through my bedroom window.

 ‘He’s home,’ she called to someone, presumably my dad.

 I dropped my head into my hands as she pulled her head back and moments later the front door opened. What on earth were they doing up at six am?

 ‘Anything you want to tell us?’ my dad asked nonchalantly as we sat down in the sitting room, them on one couch making a united front, and me on the other, alone.

 ‘I stayed over at Jake’s,’ I said. It was one of those rare occasions where telling the truth will get you in less trouble than any lie.

 ‘We had a call from Stacey,’ my mom said, ‘after we went to bed last night. She seems to think you’ve come out.’

 I swallowed.

‘Have you?’

‘In a manner of speaking,’ I said. I sensed I was going to be in a lot of trouble. If they found out I was with Jake now, would the sleepovers stop?

‘Care to elaborate on that?’

‘Well, I went to a gay club,’ I said, conveniently leaving out the part where I got drugged and almost raped. ‘And I’m... Seeing someone.’