Slash (2) I'm Gay, He's Straight [boyxboy]

'So...' Taylor started later as we both actively hunted Eastern European terrorists on my Xbox. Kelly had left hours ago, bored to tears with the game, and even though I had All Time Low blaring pretty loudly in my room, strains of Porcelain And The Tramps could still be heard from hers. 'What are you gonna do about, you know...' He trailed off.

 I didn't take my eyes off the TV screen and neither did he. If I looked at him, knowing I would see his tongue poking out of the side of his mouth in concentration, his eyebrows furrowed slightly, eyes fingers darting over the buttons of the controller, I might not be able to stop myself shoving him to the ground and kissing him roughly.

 'I dunno...' Taylor and I used to easily talk about things like girls and sex, but it's become awkward recently, most likely based on the fact that his best friend who is supposed to be straight and actually has a girlfriend has somehow started wanting lick edible body paint off every inch of his skin. 'Just wait til she cools down I suppose.'

 'No, like long-term. Are you gonna have sex with her? You're not gonna marry her, are you?'

 Taylor is a total player; he doesn't do long-term relationships. In fact, he's never even had a girlfriend. So even though he's never said anything outright, I know he recoils from the idea of my marrying Jenny, but I know he'd be even more disgusted at the idea of me liking him instead.

 'You know she was looking up engagement rings on your laptop earlier?' he continued, gunning down a terrorist on the screen. 'Kelly caught her.'

 I immediately paused the game we turned to stare at each other. Then we both jumped up at the same time and scrambled down the stairs to the living room where Jenny had been messing about on my laptop. I switched it on, clicked on Internet Explorer, and went through my search history. There was a list of several ominous-sounding sites and I clicked on a random one called Ring Envy. Horrified, I clicked on a few more, til the list ran out and all that was left was a Google Images search for "engagement rings". Gaping, I clicked on it, and page after page of expensive diamond rings came up.

 'Holy shit,' I whispered.

 'Dude,' Taylor agreed. He carefully reached past me, picked my hand up off the mouse, and cleared my search history. 'That is one scary chick you've got yourself saddled with.'

 If only there was a "delete history" option on my life, and I'd erase the last two years, go back to being sixteen, and never ask Jenny to go for ice cream with me in the first place. Then when I started liking Taylor I could just... What? Ask him out? Yeah right.

 'Finally got sick of that stupid game?' Kelly's voice sounded from the doorway and we both turned to see her leaning against the door frame, still scowling over the fact that we'd rather shoot at pixillated little men than hang out with her in the sunshine.

'Why didn't you tell me Jenny was looking at... at...' I waved my hand at the screen to demonstrate. I actually was so terrified that I couldn't bring myself to say the words.

Kelly grinned. 'Cos I figured your reaction to finding out for yourself would be funny. And I was right.'

Taylor's POV

Kelly can be a cruel bitch when she wants to be.

'Anyway, what are you gonna do now? Break up with her, I suppose. Then she can be out of our lives for good and you can finally get together with the real love of your life, who's sitting right under your-'

I suddenly started choking and coughing, spluttering really unattractively.

Jake started thumping me on the back, even thought we learned in PE that that was the last thing you should do to someone who was choking, and Kelly just stood where she was, slightly amused. So much for sworn to secrecy!