*Kiss Me Like You Did* IGHS Sequel {12} Slash

Jake's POV

'What are you doing in here?' I jumped as Kelly's voice whispered at me from the darkness. Of my own wardrobe.

'What are you doing in here?' I hissed, clutching my chest as my heart rate slowed down from the shock.

'Hiding from Halley,' she said glumly. 'I tried to break up with her and she went psycho.'

'That's what you get for dating your roommate,' I said distractedly, trying to see through the cracks in the wardrobe door what was going on outside.

'I'll have to apply for a room transfer after Christmas,' she mumbled dejectedly. 'What are you doing?'

'Trying to see what's going on outside,' I whispered.

'Why? Is Taylor breaking up with Ryan out there?!'

'No, he's doing that in his room. It's cos Noah just came over and he's talking to Johnny.'

'Explains the silence... Why is that a big deal?'

'Cos Johnny has a massive-ass crush on Noah.'

'Ooh!' Kelly whispered excitedly, sitting forwards to try and see out as well.

I had gotten back from Taylor's room less than five minutes ago and hadn't even been able to tell Johnny what had happened before there was a knock on the door. Johnny had been so surprised when he'd answered it he'd actually squealed, 'Noah!' in his rusty, underused voice, and I'd jumped in here to give them some privacy before I could even think about what I was doing.

Where are Jake and Ryan? I saw Noah asking from my uncomfortable place pressed against my clothes in the wardrobe.

If there was ASL for a prolonged "Uhhhhh..." I knew Johnny would have used it. Ryan's with Taylor. Jake's gone... To the bathroom.

Oh. So... You and Jake, huh?

Yeah...

I thought you... How long have you liked him? Noah's hands were shaky; even I could see that from in here. I wanted to burst out of the wardrobe and tell Johnny it was okay, we didn't have to pretend anymore, Ryan knew about Taylor and I. But I knew I should let this one play out.

Couple months I guess, Johnny lied, and I flinched. Beside me I could see Kelly shaking her head from my peripheral vision.

Oh.

Why? Johnny asked daringly, and I saw his jaw clench slightly with nervousness and determination.

No reason, Noah shrugged, and I saw Johnny roll his eyes.

Yeah, okay. Why did you come over then?

I just... I... Noah's hands dropped limply to his sides and he shrugged in defeat. Johnny's hands didn't move. I just thought you liked me, Noah finished eventually.

I saw Johnny's eyes widen and Kelly shook with excitement beside me.

I did... Johnny said tentatively. I do. It's complicated...

No it's not! I tried to scream at him with my mind. Just tell him!

I guess it worked, because Johnny motion-blurted out the whole story, his hands moving so fast I could see Noah frowning in concentration on them in a way he didn't usually have to.

Jake and Taylor are messing around behind Ryan's back. I think they're getting back together. Ryan heard them together and he wanted to know who was with his roommate and obviously Jake couldn't say it was Taylor and nobody seemed to know what to say so I said it was me even though it wasn't and even though I like you because I thought there was no point in liking you because I thought you didn't like me anyway.