Epilogue

Chapter's song: Latch by Sam Smith

ChaPtEr THIRTY-NINE _________________________

Epilogue

Our first date after the car accident was a visit to Sea Life's aquarium. It was Jason's idea. We went out on a Saturday morning. It was pretty crowded and a lot of people looked at us but Jason ignored everyone but me. That same day, he took me to a fancy pub to meet his closest friends. I had no idea I was meeting his friends and was pretty shocked that he wanted me to. They welcomed me warmly and no one treated me differently.

We dated for almost a year before I moved to his loft. My parents weren't exactly ecstatic about it. Especially Dad. But they supported and respected my decision.

And I was happy. Happier than I'd ever been.

Jason was so different and so much like the same Jason I'd met back in Mexico.

His memories never came back. He just got a few glimpses from time to time. You know what they say, that things happen for a reason. In this case, it was true.

If Jason hadn't crashed that night, things wouldn't be the same. I was completely sure about that.

He was following the "second-chance" theory by heart. He didn't stop himself whenever he wanted to do something special or be honest about anything. It was like he was being completely true to himself. And I was completely head over heels for him.

He kept surprising me day after day. He made sure to let me know how much he was into me. Every chance he could.

He was supportive and he attended any public event I asked him too. I knew he wasn't keen on the whole paparazzi ordeal, but he once told me that if that was something he had to go through to be with him, then it was a small price to feel loved by me.

He was the most amazing boyfriend I could ever ask for.

Even after seven years together.

We ended up to be one of the most public couples ever. Especially since he'd opened up an extreme sports business with one of his best-friends, Ryan. Thanks to that, we got to travel all around the world doing all kinds of stunts.

I was now a certified climber and a pretty excellent paddler. All because of him.

He complimented me in a way no one else could.

And after seven years, he wasn't fazed by the fact that he was dating the future heir of the crown. Yes. You got it. Dad was finally appointed King after years of struggles with Grandma Isobel. Three years ago, she finally gave up the crown and was now living peacefully in her manor. She stopped being so mean to everyone, especially since Mom made sure we all visited her at least once every two weeks.

Valerie and Peter were still together and soon to be married. Her wedding was a few weeks away when I started to worry about my own wedding. We'd never talked about getting married since we were living together...but honestly? I dreamt of my ideal wedding.

Which was just that. A dream.

As a princess I was doomed to be married in front of the nation in one of London's Cathedrals. If I ever got married.

Being Val's maid of honor, I got to help her choose her wedding gown, as well as the cake, the flowers, etc. You get the picture. And as happy as I was for her...well, I was all also a bit jealous. Especially since marriage hadn't been part of our conversations.

Jason noticed that I looked stressed and suggested a trip to Mexico. We loved to visit my Aunt. Her hotel was one of the most luxurious boutique hotels in Huatulco. Sol and Pablo never worked out. It was some sort of taboo subject. She didn't talk much about it and neither him. I think they dated for a month or so but for some reason they didn't click. Years after, Sol married Marcos, a restaurant-owner and she was pregnant right now. Like really pregnant. Her baby was due in a month or so. And Pablo, well...he turned out to be a complete play-boy. Every time I saw him he had a new girlfriend.