Chapter Ten

"So this is how this is going to work." Nash was explaining casually as he was working on several computers. He turned around on his swivel chair and stood up. He pressed the wire against my shirt. "We'd put the wire right about here, tape would go here, come down to about...here, and then we'd wrap-"

"My dress is too tight for that." I interrupted him abruptly.

He frowned. "You can't wear a different dress?"

"I only brought one dress! Don't you have something like small? I mean if he tried to, erm..."

"Kate!"

"What! I'm just saying."

He huffed, clearly annoyed. "Well I wasn't aware you were planning on taking your clothes off."

I blushed. "I didn't say I was planning on it. I was just saying-"

"If I had a smaller one I'd put it on you in a heartbeat but I don't. So let's just get this over with. Take your shirt off, and for the love of God, please keep it on tonight."

"What?!" I pushed his hands away quickly. "We clearly didn't think this plan through at all."

"Yes, we have. We've talked about this a hundred different times. We've gone over everything Kate. All you have to do is talk about the mafia, ask if he's got the new location set up, when you guys are going yada yada. Be casual, but get as much out of him as you can. Remember the agreement? I'm not putting this thing on you more than three times."

"And if he doesn't feel like discussing his illegal activities in the middle of a public restaurant and I have to go home with him where he has cameras set up in every room and closet and I'm still wearing this thing? What then?"

"Don't be wearing this thing or don't go home with him."

I frowned. Nash still didn't know his home was my home. We'd spent a lot of time together over the past month and I had always insisted it be at his home rather than mine. He thought it made sense incase my apartment (or in this case former apartment) was bugged or if Alessio should happen to just walk in.

"It's not always that simple."

"Okay, okay. Calm down." He sighed and pinched his nose. "We don't have time to go out and get you a new dress."

"Obviously."

"What about that friend of yours? Would she have something a little looser?"

"That doesn't solve another part of the equation. You know, the part where you want to see me half naked."

"I didn't say I wanted to see you half naked." He argued.

"Oh so now I'm too hideous to look at?" I teased.

"No, no! Of course I want to see you naked I just meant-"

I put my hand over his mouth saving him from digging a bigger grave. "I said half naked Nash. You're getting a bit ahead of yourself, wouldn't you say?"

He rolled his eyes and I lowered my hand. "Isn't there some other solution?" I asked in a sweeter voice.

"We could post pone. I'd have to get something put together. Earrings or a hair clip or...oh wait!" He said sounding suddenly excited. He disappeared for a few moments and came back with a wrist watch.

"A bit manly." I pointed out.

He frowned and looked down to the watch. "Yes, I suppose it is." He rubbed the back of his head. "I've got a pair of sunglasses, a ring, a necklace, and a pager."