Thirty-Nine

I rolled over and smacked the empty spot of the bed Alessio should have been it. Lazily, I sat up and yawned. He was across the room watching himself in the mirror as he smoothed his tie out. "Good morning my rose."

"It is a good morning." I smiled and pulled the duvet up to cover my chest. "After a very good night."

"I was thinking, it's been awhile since we've gone out."

I scratched my head with another long yawn and flopped backwards on the bed again. "We go out all the time."

"Jogging to the coffee shop hardly counts as going out, which by the way I already took Donato for a run."

I sat up again and picked my phone up, looking at the time it was after ten. "Why didn't you wake me up?"

"I thought you could use some rest, lord knows you didn't get any last night." He glanced at me in the mirror, took in my body turning a sweet shade of pink and then looked back to his reflection with a smirk. "I brought you breakfast back, it's in the kitchen."

"You're a God."

Finally satisfied with how he looked Alessio turned away from the mirror to face me completely. "As I was trying to say. I thought it would be nice if we went out. Just the two of us."

"And your driver of course." He smirked.

"Do you remember the first time we went out?"

"Of course I do. The orchestra." He'd held my hand and I couldn't even hear straight after, then we'd gone to dinner and he'd run his hand up my leg sprouting off Italian insults, I'd gotten so drunk I'd tried to jump him and had instead ended up setting the rug on fire and sobbing until he held me and we slept. It was the first night he'd held me, the first night I'd slept in his shirt, the first night I really thought there was maybe just a little something there with us.

I looked up to Alessio and realized he'd been talking while I had been dazing off into space thinking about our first date, if it was a date. I was still unsure about the logistics of this relationship and what was and what wasn't. "It will be only the highest class of people in attendance, the tickets were difficult to get even for me."

"Another orchestra?"

One brow lowered and the other raised slightly, he almost looked annoyed but it didn't quite reach his eyes. "Yes Katherine, have you heard nothing I said?"

"Honestly? No not really." I admitted and he pursed his lips, annoyance clear now.

"Tickets to an orchestra not next weekend but the following. Eight o'clock, dinner at six." He said slowly and slightly louder to ensure he had my attention. No sooner did I open my mouth was there three heavy knocks on the door and it opened suddenly. I pulled the duvet around me protectively.

Alessio turned to look at the opened door with little interest. Silvano slapped his hands over his eyes abruptly. This was dejavu. "At no point did I instruct you to enter." Alessio said calmly.

"I-I knocked." Silvano stammered.

"And what, prey-tell is the common procedure when one knocks? Is it not to wait for permission to enter? At no point did I believe you were to knock and then barge dramatically through the door without a care in the world."