Chapter Sixteen

Marry me.

Marry. Me.

Marry him?

Had I heard Alessio right? I grabbed a fistful of hair and pulled his head back hard forcing him to look up at me. "Are you kidding me right now?"

He blinked his blood shot eyes twice, slowly.

"You are an asshole and an idiot."

"You are avoiding the question." He replied back in a teasing voice.

"Are you fȕcking kidding me right now?" I yelled. I let go of his head and it fell back into my thighs. "No! Abso-fȕcking-lutely no! Have you lost your mind? You're, you're, I can't even. You are so unbelievable right now I don't even have words."

His muffled voice muttered something about that being a first and I chose to ignore him.

"Let me go Alessio." I demanded and in response he held me only tighter. "Alessio Genovese you let me go right this instance!" I said in my toughest most authoritative mom voice.

"Never."

I smacked my palm to my forehead. "Please." I begged. "Alessio you just, you, that was so stupid I cannot even grace it with a response."

He turned his head to the side so his cheek was against my legs rather than buried in. "If you loved me as much as I loved you then you'd marry me too."

"Don't you dare, don't you fȕcking dare Alessio. This is not what I want my love to look like. You cheating on me and coming home a belligerent and violent drunk only to propose? No, and fȕck you for putting me in this position at all. You just, you just don't get to pull shit like this Alessio." I put my hands onto his shoulders and pushed him with all of my mite. "Let. Me. Go."

"Baby." He groaned.

"No! I know everyone just falls at your feet, obeys your every command, everyone is just a pawn for you to move on your whim but I'm not. You don't get to treat me this way Alessio. Ever."

He tilted his head back to look at me and in his drunken stupor must have believed he was falling for he bobbed forward and then back again and tightened his grip on me. A tiny coating of gloss covered his red eyes and he looked at me with such desperation. "Katherine."

I was instantly in tears again. "I love you Alessio but this whole, everything right now is so...I just can't right now. Please just let me go. We can go to sleep and talk when you wake up and you're sober. I promise but please just-"

"Please, don't leave me." He said softly, in such a raw and vulnerable voice, a voice I had never heard before. Ever. He was literally on his knees begging for me and I was sobbing again.

"I-I can't, please right now-"

"It fȕcking hurts Katherine." His tone changed instantly. It was firm, and hard, and raspy. "You fȕcking hurt me."

"You cheated on me!" I said back through sobs.

"I didn't!" He yelled back

"Oh!" I threw my hands into the air. "So I just imagined you going on about the sexy brunette on top of you all night? Luscious lips, a body to die for smelled so good you could eat her all night? Crazy me imagining such shit!"

"Oscar made me get a lap dance." He blurted out and I stopped crying for a moment before looking down on him.

"A lap dance." I repeated torn between confusion, hope, and rage.

"Si."

"Oscar made you?"

"Si."