~ Chapter 11 ~

A/N

I've just realised I haven't been adding much detail in Sundown's emotions with her single seeker wing, since it shows what she's feeling most of the time, i'll improve on that from now on.

Trust me

"Wheeljack."

Wheeljack turns his helm toward me. "What's up?" He asks, turning away from my room he was about to enter.

"I was wondering if you could convince Optimus to let me go into a scouting mission, being stuck in base it not doing me any good."

It's been a week, Optimus and Ratchet still haven't allowed me to exit the base, not even to drive around since last time, I was captured.

Smokescreen won't stop following me around and apologising every two seconds, which is becoming annoying.

He shrugs, "I'll see what I can do, but you owe me."

I nod, I didn't care what it'd take, becoming stuck inside has got on my nerves, I'm becoming agitated and easily annoyed.

He nods, entering the room as it shuts automatically behind him.

I hope I'm not making a mistake.

~ ~ ~

"But only on a scouting mission, it has a low chance of enemy contact and if you do discover any Decepticons. Wait for backup before engaging."

I nod, barely being able to hold in my excitement, my single seeker wind was raised high, to show my excitement.

"And Wheeljack will accompany you." My wing lowers a little, I was hoping to go alone, but as long as I can go out, I'm happy.

I nod "thank you Optimus."

He nods back, Ratchet was annoyed, muttering things underneath his breath as he wanted me to stay under base arrest for longer.

Optimus, however, could see I was physically fine with my injuries.

Stubborn old mech.

~ ~ ~

After exiting the ground bridge, it closes behind us, my whole body is almost jumping in excitement.

"You must be excited." Wheeljack comments.

"I wonder how you could tell?" I look at him brightly, a grin plastered onto my faceplate.

"Is there something wrong? With you?" Wheeljack raises an optic ridge, "you seem different."

"I haven't been outside in weeks, I'm over energetic and my emotional levels have been raised."

"That explains it."

I look to the sky, looking at the clouds go by above the tree canopy.

"Isn't it beautiful?"

"What is?"

I point to the sky, "imagine flying above the clouds, above the atmosphere, watching the stars as you still could see the Earth.

"Watching the sun rise and fall, the sky changing from blue to orange and finally black."

I turn to look at Wheeljack, who looks at me as if I'm crazy. "Well you aren't a seeker, you wouldn't dream of it." I shrug.

"Why is it, that you're a seeker, yet only have one wing and a ground vehicle mode?"

I shrug again, "a while back, I had an operation that gave me a t-cog that allows ground vehicle forms, so I've got two," I tap above my hip, where my natural t-cog rests. "Natural," I tap just above it "built in."