~ Chapter 12 ~

So I've changed the cover of this book and this song is called Oblivion by Bastille, a great song I had gotten addicted to thanks to a certain friend.

And this chapter is shorter then usual, but the next chapter will be up soon.

Soon means either in the next 24h or two days.

Falling into Oblivion

Are you going to age with grace?

I starred into the black abyss, optics wide, mouth agape.

Are you going to age without mistakes?

No. "No!"

Are you going to age with grace,

I stare into the abyss, not seeing him. "Wheeljack!"

Or only to wake and hide your face?

I turn my helm to see both Breakdown and Knockout beginning to stand, shaking their helm and putting a servo to the faceplate. I look back into the abyss "Wheeljack!" I shout again, knowing it's useless but not giving up on trying.

When oblivion is calling out your name,

I stand up, shaking my helm as I put my servos atop of my helm, "no, no, no, no."

You always take it further than I ever can

"Looks like his gone, Sundown." Knockout spoke, turning my helm, I saw him grinning.

Anger washed over me like a river.

When you play it hard,

I drew my swords, lunging at him. I spin, and scratch his precious paint, to which he shouts his annoyance and says something, but I don't listen, I don't care, I just want to enact my revenge on both Decepticons.

And I try to follow you there

He attempts to fight back, to block my attacks, but I've already stabbed him in the abdomen, leaning forward a whisper in his audio-receptor.

"Don't deny it, I know what your spark is feeling for me." I repeat from when I was on the nemesis. "Hatred and fear."

It's not about control,

I pull out my blade, watching him fall as Breakdown runs over, looking up at me, his optics glaring and dentas bared, while I stare back with no emotion whatsoever.

I look away, looking back into black abyss before back at the two Decepticons.

But I turn back when I see where you go

Breakdown looks at me warily before picking up his partner, carrying him towards a ground bridge that opened seconds before.

Are you going to age with grace?

My jaw shook, my whole body shook as washer fluid began to creep it's way to my optics, I haven't cried from sadness in a very long time, but I push it back, I won't cry, I won't cry.

Are you going to leave a path to trace?

I walk back to the cliff, peering over the edge, waiting for something to give me a sign that he is still alive.

But oblivion is calling out your name

"Wheeljack." I mummer, I need to know, to see that he is truly permanently offline.

You always take it further than I ever can

I close my optics, taking a step back, I need to know.

Besides, I think, smiling what else is there to live for? Everyone I've ever cared about is dead. I've made my decision.

When oh oblivion

I open my optics, running forward and jumping off the edge.

Is calling out your name

The air rushes past me, and I look into the awaiting darkness I'm falling into, is this what it feels like to fly? I wonder.

You always take it further

The cliff behind me turns to rocks and stone rather then mud, as I continue to fall.

Darkness stops me from seeing, as I continue to fall, it's one deep hole. Suddenly my helm hits something, I groan in pain, it was a hard hit.

Before my systems began to shut down, I didn't have much longer left.

Then I ever can.

~ 3rd Person

Wheeljack had tried his comm, tried yelling out, but nothing had worked.

When he'd slipped and fell, he'd thought it was the end, until he realised the end of the long drop was filled with water, deep enough to break his fall.

He couldn't see the light of the sun, nor hear the wind, the only thing he relied on was his glowing optics and a fire he'd started, he'd remembered learning it from Jack when the kids, the kid's guardians had gone on a 'camping trip', they had no way to communicate back with base and to not scare the youngest, Raf, they said it was a surprise and they were always going on a camping trip.

Wheeljack now sat in a corner, sitting as he dried to dry off, before the rust set in.

He heard something falling, hopefully it's Breakdown, he thought but then a smaller form, much smaller then Breakdown's fell into the water, beginning to sink to the bottom.

Wheeljack's optics widened, it was Sundown.

Almost on instinct he dived in, looking underwater he saw her frame, only just as he swam down, gasping her servo and pulling her up with him.

He broke free of the water, swimming to the side and laying her limp form down gently, she wasn't under for long, she should be fine.

But Wheeljack was no medic, he didn't know if or when she'd wake up, how much damage the fall and water had done to her, so instead of sitting around and doing nothing, he dragged her over towards the fire, making sure she was close enough that she would dry off, but far enough that her amour wouldn't become too hot and begin to burn her protoform.

He then took his own seat, leaning against the cave wall, he was tired and knew he needed rest, but he knew he should stay awake, if Sundown awoke, he wanted to make sure he was too.

So he stayed awake that night, making sure no harm came to Sundown.