~ Chapter 19 ~

Long wait, sorry I got caught up with a lot of things :P but it is a long chapter, so enjoy.

~

Punishment

"I-I didn't mean to scare you."

Darkstinger looked up from the datapad, his optics narrowing down on Sundown's frame as she stood nervously, her servos behind her backstruts as her pede twisted on the floor, her helm down low.

"I didn't mean to scare you." She repeated, softly this time.

Darkstinger hadn't spoken to Sundown for a few cycles, ever since she had faked being injured during their game of hide, seek 'n' kill.

"Too late for that." Darkstinger spoke bitterly, lifting the energon cube he had and downing it before throwing it into a nearby bin, the cafeteria was almost vacant, aside from a few other gladiators who watched Sundown and Darkstinger with hungry optics.

He got up and walked past Sundown, to the long hallway. "Sting wait!" Sundown shouted, chasing after him as she grabbed his servo, looking up at him with bright optics, he sighed and looked down at her, she was still short compared to him, he was the equivalent age of a teenager while she was still a premature tween.

"I'm sorry!" She shouted as washer fluid began to flood her optics, threatening to spill over.

"I didn't mean to! I-I just wanted to win." She mumbled, looking down again.

Darkstinger pulled away from her, before walking down the hallway and disappearing around the corner.

~ ~ ~

"You need to go easier on her."

"She's only a sparkling for Primus's sake!" Sunstreaker snapped, optics glaring at Darkstinger as he passed them in the hallway.

Sideswipe gave his brother a look, even though Sunstreaker didn't see it, he took a step back and crossed his arms, glaring daggers.

Darkstinger didn't know what to say, both mechs were taller then him and older. He shrugged, despite the fear surfacing from within him, "I know but she's never going to learn by giving in to her every time she turns on the waterworks."

Sunstreaker gritted his dentas together, "don't you think we know this?" He hissed "we've raised her as best as we can. We don't need you criticising us."

Sideswipe stepped forward, "we didn't come here to talk, we came here for a favour."

"And why would I do you a favour?" Darkstinger asked, his optics narrowing.

"It's not for us. It's for Sundown."

~ ~ ~

"I almost thought you wouldn't come."

I watched the red mech carefully, ready for any tricks or surprises he might throw my way.

I didn't know what had convinced me to agree to this, to accept his invitation, to go against what I had believed for a very very long time.

That all Decepticons were evil.

Knockout turned as I stood rigid, his signature smirk was on his faceplate as he looked at me smugly. "Relax Sundown, I don't bite."

I couldn't force my frame to relax, this mech was no Autobot, I was foolish to come out here, foolish, foolish, foolish.

I was betraying the Autobots by coming to meet him.