~ Chapter 17 ~

Notes from Kids

"Sundown! You coming?"

I shake my helm, clearing my thoughts before walking up to beside Bulkhead as he looks down to the energon scanner he held in his servo.

"How far?"

"A few more miles." He shrugs, walking and crushing the ground beneath him, before I quickly follow.

"Do you want me to go ahead?"

"Nah."

"Scout ahead?"

"No."

I pause, thinking, "hide in the canopy above?"

"Sundown, you don't need to do anything, we most likely won't find anyone out here, it's not like Cybertron where you could be ambushed at any moment." He glances at me, "are you alright? You aren't acting like your usual self."

"Hmm," I glance over, "I'm fine."

"You sure."

"Yes."

"Good." He nods, as he looks to the scanner again, "it might be easier if we drive."

"My alternate form isn't suitable for this driving terrain."

"Right, too bad your not a seeker."

I stop at that, glaring into the back of his helm. "Want do you mean by that?"

He also stops, turning briefly to face me, "I mean - are you a whole seeker with that only wing?"

The wing he refers to flickers outwards, in annoyance, before I walk past him, "I am a seeker and I'll never stop being one."

"But your wi -"

"I only have one wing because of an accident, not because I was born with it, I can scan a jet if I want, but it'll be pretty useless since I can't fly." I snap, continuing to walk ahead.

Way to get on my circuits.

"Sundown, I'm sorry, I didn't mean anything."

I narrow my optics at him, "maybe you should think twice before opening that vocaliser of yours."

"And I thought all seekers weren't as bad tempered as Starscream." Bulkhead mutters as I freeze, my servo scrunching into fists.

"I am nothing like that poor excuse for a mech! He lead us to our deaths, to the loses of family, friends and loved ones! If it wasn't for him Sunstreaker, Sideswipe and Electrastorm would still be alive!" I shout, venting heavily for air as I lean back, and close my optics, try to calm myself down.

"If it wasn't for him, I'd still have two wings."

Bulkhead stood quiet, mouth agape as he was shocked. "So there you have it." I mummer.

"Ahh . . ."

I wave a servo, turning away, "you wouldn't understand, lets just forget about it and go back to the job at servo."

"Yeah, um, that'd be wise." He looked down to the device in his servo "ah, this way." He walked forward, ahead of me as I rub the armour on my arm, following him from behind.

I need to stop letting out my anger and frustrations on other Cybertronians.

"So, if I may ask something about what you just yelled out, what did Starscream do exactly to make you lose your wing in the first place?"

"He was born."

"That's seems a bit harsh."

"Look Bulkhead, there's a lot about my past, I was young, sparkling young when I lost my wing, yet I still remember, do you know why?"

"Because seekers have good memories?"

"That and it was the worst day of my life-cycle. I used to live in Vos, a very very long time ago and when Starscream was born, I was no longer wanted or needed, so they were going to kill me." I sigh.

"Instead, the mech who was told to kill me couldn't do it, so instead I was used for other purposes."

"What other purposes?"

I smile sadly, "the less you know, the better it is for you."

"But why were you not wanted or needed?"

"Again, what you don't know, doesn't hurt you."

Silence filled the air between us as Bulkhead looked back, "do you know why Jackie left so abruptly?"

This wasn't a conversation I wanted to have.

"No idea, why?"

"He just . . . left. In the middle of the night, telling Optimus but no goodbyes, no nothing."

"I have no idea, I thought you would know since you're close." Liar.

"Hmm, I wish I knew."

~

Nothing, nothing came up in the search for energon.

And it seems like we're running low on it too.

I sit against the wall, watching everyone do their own thing, Ratchet working on the computer, Optimus standing nearby and talking to him, the human sparklings are talking to each of their guardians and Smokescreen joining in as he jumps around, always energetic that kid is.

Kid? Great, the humans are rubbing off on me, next thing you know, I'll be one.

Turns out, a lot has happened when Wheeljack and I were stuck in that cave, we only got briefed but turns out a human lead company called MECH had created an Optimus like being, to which Optimus and Fowler destroyed, Bulkhead got stuck on the Nemesis and Breakdown has been terminated.

I fold my arms rearranging myself as my processor begins to wander, I wonder what he could be doing right now?

"Sundown."

"Hmm?" I ask glancing at Arcee.

"You alright? You looked a little lost."

I shake my helm, "I'm all good. Just deep in thought."

She nods, turning and walking away as I look over the three humans, strange strange creatures. Currently Jack is talking to Raf as Miko sneaks up from behind him, lunging onto his back and tackling him to the floor as Raf steps backwards, a little bit of laughter escaping him.

"Hm." I mummer, looking at them in curiosity, they don't have a care in the world.

They don't even think that any second, Decepticons cold break down a wall and pile in, shooting anything that moves.

Maybe I should take some notes, and let myself relax.

Sounds like a plan . . .

~

Sorry, this was something quick, but I thought I should update since I haven't in awhile.

I promise the next chapter will be longer.