30- Troublemaking Zombies

I wanted….

I bit my lip. Did I even know what I want?

I mean, this was Jack I was talking about, the certified unromantic. The unromantic with a strong jaw line, thick shiny black hair nicely curled at the ends. Straight nose…Abs….

When a deep green tracked my gaze, I gulped blushing, realizing just how long I’d spent staring at Jack’s profile.

Smirking, Jack reached up and ran his thumb along my lower lip, “Like the view, princess?” His words were dripping with amusement as his smirk broadened into a large grin.

“Yeah these stores are all so quaint. I just can’t believe how wonderfully picturesque they all are,” I grinned back, rolling my eyes in an attempt to brush the situation off as effortlessly as possible.

“Princess…” Jack drawled, lacing his hand with mine crushingly.

“Uh, huh?” I raised an eyebrow.

“Stop playing games,” he murmured looking me in the eyes in a way that made my stomach churn and my breath catch.

“Ally,” He repeated teasingly as he tugged me along so that we weren’t blocking the sidewalk.

“Jack,” I teased back, rolling my eyes as I tried to shake the jello-like feeling resonating in my knees.

“I like the way you say my name, but still…” He leaned closer to me again as he wrapped one arm around my shoulders. “I’d still rather hear you say it with a moan.”

“Grow up,” I frowned pushing him away as I tried to ignore the heat radiating from our bodies due to the close contact on a hot, sunny day.

“I am – do you want me to show you…?:

“It never ends,” I groaned. Every time we talked it was as if we were going in circles, each conversation always leading up to Jack embracing his cocky-ass self.

“That’s what she said…”

“Oh my fucking God. I know you’re not this immature. Like really? Do you want me to punch that fucking sexy-ass smirk off of your face? I’ll do it. I’ fucking done with you just trying to get a reaction out of me.” I threatened, narrowing my eyes as my fingers curled into a fist.

“Well its working isn’t it?” Jack smirked again.

And I lost it. I let my fist loose, snatching him right in the jaw.

“Fuckkkk.” He yelled loudly as he held his hand to his jaw, his eyes widened in shock.

“Mommy, mommy, did you see that girl just socked that guy.”

Oh fuck.

So much for being inconspicuous.

“Sorry?”I smiled guiltily at Jack who was now glaring at me menacingly. “You know how angry I get sometimes…”

He frowned. “I can’t believe it. You hit me.”

“I mean, hey, I’ve done it before.” I replied, shrugging.

“Yeah, but that was before you thought my jaw was sexy” His smirk returned as red pooled in my cheeks.

“Yeah…” I laughed weakly, biting my lip as I noted the anger still buried in the depths of his eyes, despite the smile on his face. “No grudges, right?”

“Nope, none.” He grinned as he stepped forward.

I noticed that his jaw had a nice pinkish tinge, and stepped away.