36- Playing Spy

What the fuck?” I thought ,as someone pressed my face up against the cool wall of the hallway.

I thought this ridiculous bullying shit was over when Jack became my "friend"

Whoever it was behind me, pushed me further into the wall roughly, making me groan.

I was so getting this person back for this…

As soon as the pressure on the back of my neck let up, I spun around, fists up…and found Mr. Berkeley.

My eyes widened.

“What the fuck do you think you’re doing? You think just because you can’t kidnap me, you can just beat me around instead?”

“Who the fuck did you contact when you were on the outside?” Mr. Berkeley’s face was livid. He was deep red in color, his eyes were narrowed and his temple was throbbing violently.

“I don’t…”

“Tell me,” he growled, leaning closer as he cupped his hand around my neck.

“Like I said, I don’t-” I squeaked as he slammed his fist against the section of wall right next to my head.”

This was the type of pure rage I really didn’t want to mess with.

“Tell me why all of a sudden freaking Red is breathing down my neck like my ass is guilty of treachery? Huh, tell me why I’m all of a sudden a traitor, why they think I’m on your side.”

He paused, and then grimaced again.

“Tell me what the fuck you said!” He yelled again and I winced at the sound.

How did no one hear this?

Like really, Jack, now would be a good time to pop out of nowhere…

I looked into Mr. Berkeley’s burning eyes, mouth pressed shut.

“Come with me.” He grumbled, grabbing hold of both my wrists and pulling me down the hallway at a rapid pace.

“Where are we going?” I mumbled so softly it was almost a whisper.

“You’re going to tell me what you said one way or another.” He muttered darkly without bothering to look back.

“I didn’t tell anyone anything, I swear!”

“Yeah, then why the fuck would Red think I helped you escape? Why does he think I helped you and Jack sneak out of Todd’s house?”

“Who even is this Red?”

Berkeley scoffed, “Only head of the Widows, babe.”

I frowned. “Head? As in top top.”

“The very top.”

“Oh,” I frowned, feeling myself grow quiet. Why would the head of the entire Widows organization think Berkeley was a spy? And why the hell would he be so interested in finding me?  He was interested enough and persistent enough to track me down to Todd’s house when even the cops didn’t get that far. And that was just crazy. Mind blowing.

It would make sense if the branch in this state were interested. At least that’s somewhat more local. But the head of the national organization?

What. The. Fuck.

“So, do you think you’re ready to start talking?” Berkeley broke in after a few minutes of silence, his tone much more controlled.

I shook my head, “I’m sorry, but I don’t know what you’re talking about. I don’t know anything about the widows. I didn’t even know about them until Caden called me. It sucks that you’re under fire, but I can’t…”

“Someone from outside of the organization told them I was the snitch. Now the way I see it, the only people outside the Widows that would have something against me, personally, are you and Jack.”

“Well I didn’t say anything and as far as I know Jack didn’t either.”

“Fine.” Berkeley snapped, letting go of my wrists.

They were red and stinging from his tight grip. I sighed and turned away ready to go back to my room for the day.

“Not so fast.” Berkeley caught me with a choking grip on my collar. “Listen to me closely.” Berkeley intoned in my ear, “If I hear you said one word to anyone you’re dead. And even if by some random chance, you’re innocent, still forget my offer from earlier. No matter what you say or do from now on, there’s no way in Hell I’m helping you with the Widows. You have no idea what’s in store for you, sugar. You will literally be torn into pieces and there’s nothing you’ll be able to do about it.”

I clutched at my throat, my lungs burning for oxygen as he continued to constrict my trachea.

Smiling in a calm, eerie way, he let go of my throat, leaving me gulping for air as began to walk away.

Just as he rounded a corner, disappearing out of sight, he said one last thing that set my heart racing.

“Enjoy your last days of freedom, Ally.”

Yes, this is short, but I promise it wasn't because I was lazy. The next chapter I'm working on just doesn't fit in very well with this *sigh. Anyways, I'll try my best to bring the next update to you soon! 

As always, please let me know what you think! I LOVE feedback! 

Love you guys! 

- BNW <3