33 - Bonnie and Clyde

“Oh my Gosh, Ally?”

“What?” I grumbled into the soft fabric of my pillow, trying as hard as I could to open my eyes.
I shifted over, rubbing them until I began to focus on a face that was a mere couple of inches from me.

“Holy Hell Kate, give a girl some space will you?”

She rolled her eyes, the edges of her lips pulling up into a smirk, “Whatever.”

“Was it really necessary to scare me like that?” I frowned, rubbing my temples as I let my head fall back into the pillow.”

“Yes!” She exclaimed, her eyes shining. “A week or two after your disappearance and I come back to find this? It was kind of a necessity.”

“This?” I frowned, and for the first time I bothered to look to my left.

Instantly, my mouth formed a small “O” of comprehension. Jack lay there peacefully sprawled across the other side of the bed, completely knocked out. His eyelashes formed long shadows on his cheeks and the shafts of light shining through the blinds outlined his jaw and cheekbones perfectly.

The sight was so uncharacteristically…beautiful and innocent, I felt breathless.

Quickly shaking the notion out of my head, I frowned and looked back at Kate. “Really?” I raised an eyebrow. “Even with my sure to be terrible morning breath?”

“Oohh stop trying to avoid things,” She wagged her finger teasingly in front of my nose; half making me go cross-eyed in the process.

“Avoid?”

“Yes,” She sighed, as if in exasperation. “Can you please just let me tell you how proud I am of you?”

“Proud?” I frowned, as I searched her face for signs that she was being sarcastic. I found none.

“Yes – I can’t believe you finally did it, babe.”

“Did…what?”

“Lost your virginity, duh!”

“Lost my virginity?” I asked slowly, the words feeling unfamiliar to my tongue. My mind felt slow as I gazed up at Kate in awe. She thought…? But….

Jack’s deep chuckle next to me broke me out of my mental stutter and I quickly jumped up, letting the blankets fall off of me so it was clear that I was fully dressed. “Kate…I think you misunderstood. Jack and I…we didn’t…I’m not…”

“Mmmmm Princess….” Jack sighed as he wrapped an arm around me and moved his head so that he was nuzzling my neck.

“Really Jack, really?” I glared at him, doing my best to push him off despite the way he was clinging to me.

“On that note, I think its best I give you guys some more alone time…” Kate said as she not so subtly wagged her eyebrows at me before leaving the room.

The sheets rustled as Jack let go of me and went back to his previous position, snuggled up in bed.

“Jack,” I intoned as I roughly pushed him.

He ignored me, and merely pushed his face further into the pillow.

Sighing, I stood up and using as much strength as I could muster, pulled the bed sheets towards me. And miraculously my plan worked, almost sending Jack sprawling off the edge of the bed.

“Come on Princess, I thought we got over the hate part of this relationship,” Jack mumbled, fixing his sleepy eyes on me.

“One,” I frowned, “This isn’t a relationship as I’ve said many times before. And two- that was so not cool. Knowing Kate, she’s going to blab to the entire student body that we’re sleeping together.”