5- Compromising Situations

“Fuck,” I muttered as I felt something, or someone, slam me into the wall.

I groaned as I felt the bruises and fading scabs that still lined my body begin to throb.

“Watch your back, super nerd. I’d think twice before setting the curve. If I don’t pass this class, it’s all going to be on your head.”

“Well next time you might want to think about studying.” I grumbled as I rubbed the back of my neck and glared the girl down.

“Look, freak,” the girl clutched her hand around my neck as she pushed me against the wall again, “I think it’s time you learned your lesson. You know why everyone hates you? It’s because you look like some sort of fucking monster and have a personality to match. Bitch, I bet even your mom thought you were ugly. In fact I bet you hurt yourself just to give people an excuse to call you a freak, something to blame the insults on besides your loner freakish self. I bet you were so depressed back at home you were ready to fricking kill yourself. Well fuck you because no one even fucking wants you here. You should just go back to the retarded planet you came from.”

I clenched my hands up into fists as I gritted my teeth. A wave of heat was radiating off my body, pulsating towards this girl as my face reddened in fury. For the past week all I’d gotten was a bunch of snide comments about my injuries, about my clothes, about my apparent nerdiness, and about the fact that I just didn’t belong here.

And you know what? I was more than just a little bit sick of it.

I had barely eaten since I got here because I’d rather starve than face the cafeteria. So call me irritable or hungry or whatever else, but  either way I was  more than ready to release all my pent up anger on this girl and full-on beat the shit out of her.

“What? So you don’t have any smart ass comment now?” She clutched her hand tighter on my neck, causing me to gasp a bit.

I narrowed my eyes and sucked in a nice bit of saliva before sending a spit wad straight into her smug face.

Her first reaction was shock, but after that passed, her eyes narrowed.

“You fucking bitch!” She yelled. But I didn’t wait for her to strike. I tore the arm she had up against me away and moved back far enough so that I could smash a well-placed punch into her face.

Instantly she leaned over, moaning. Her friends that were gathered around looked at me in shock. One bent down the help the girl, but the others merely rolled up their sleeves.

They were her gang; loyal to the end…meaning that they were now fully prepared to gang up on and beat the shit out of me. My eyes rapidly darted back and forth between them and I saw that I was outnumbered.

Not even caring if I came across as a coward, I began sprinting wildly down the hall until my legs burned.

I was breathing hard in no time. One girl trailed close behind me even as the others dropped off. I took sharp turns, and turned over a trash can or two in an attempt to slow her, but nothing worked. She was a terrier on my tail that just refused to let go. Suddenly, I felt my arm being yanked back as the girl claimed me in her iron grip, while still panting heavily.

I didn’t think. I just drew my arm back and swung it towards her face. I cringed slightly as I saw drops of blood spurt onto the ground. Broken nose.

Not pausing for a second longer, I began sprinting away until I was gasping like a fish out of water. Feeling drained, I leaned my back against a door, and surveyed my surroundings. The halls here were empty and I noted an empty bucket and a mop lying on the floor next to me. Both were decorated with cobwebs. Hello deserted part of school, I thought as I pushed myself off the wall to explore the area a bit.