Chapter 2

(EDITED)

(EDITED)

The witch knocks on my door and is now standing patiently, just waiting for me to open the door. I walk to the door, my back rigid and I have the urge to just walk back upstairs and wake Sarah up. But waking her up isn't necessary at all and she wouldn't appreciate it. Although, being with Sarah would help reign in my temper, and the last thing I want to do is make another witch angry. Hurriedly, I run up the stairs and lift Sarah off the bed. Holding her bridal style, her head snuggles up against my shoulder, I kiss her forehead and I hope that she doesn't wake up. Walking down the stairs slowly, in an attempt not to wake her up, I head to the front door.

When I open the door, I'm beyond surprised. A tall man with familiar black hair and electric blue eyes, stare at me with a small smile on his face.

"Adrian?" I ask, not believing my eyes. I first met Adrian, in the 1920's he found me wandering the streets in wolf form, and he was livid. He was insistent that no werewolf should shift in the town square, because people would've been able to see. Adrian made me follow him and then forced me to shift back. After that, we became the best of friends. Our friendship lasted till about the 1930s, and then his coven moved away.

It feels good to see an old friend again, but why is he here? Did something happen to his coven? I open the door all the way and let him inside. He did so much for me, the least I could do was let him inside the house.

"What are you doing here? Is it about the threats? Do you know whose doing them?" I ask quickly, all of these questions are flooding through my brain and I just want them to go away. I want solutions and answers to all of my questions.

Adrian's eyes flash purple for a quick second and I become intrigued, I gesture towards the couch with my free hand and I sit down on it, placing Sarah on my lap so she can rest easier. He copies me and sits on the sofa opposite mine, and then gives me a knowing look.

"You need me," He says softly, "The leader of the Stalwart Coven, has a vendetta against you, he wants you, your pack, and your mate dead. He's looking for allies to fight with him, and the first person he asked, was me. If I didn't know you Adonis, I would've been easily swayed to work with him. He's already persuaded one coven to fight with him and I doubt that it will be the last one. The only plan I can think of to help you is going to the elders. If you tell them your story they might be able to get more covens on your side so that you can fight him and win."

"I'll go to the elders as early as tomorrow, but I need to know the name of the coven leader of the Stalwart coven. I need to understand why this person feels the need to destroy my pack, my mate, my family, and me. I want to know exactly what I did."

"I'm sorry, all I can tell you is that his name is, Julian Nohria. I can't tell you why he's doing this, but I know that he's dedicated, he doesn't just want to kill you, Adonis, he's obsessed with destroying you and everyone you've ever met."

After hearing his name, I didn't want to hear it anymore. I know who Julian Nohria is, I met him before when he was very young. The Stalwart Coven is loyal to their coven leader to the bitter end. They're honest and you can trust them with anything, and I was having some troubles a while back so I went to their coven for guidance. Julian wasn't the leader yet, he was such a sweet and innocent young boy.

After a while, I started helping Julian build his train set, and then we would play with them together. The poor boy barely saw his father, Tyler Nohria, because he was busy with coven business. Usually, in a coven, the woman is the leader, but when Tyler's wife died, he took over. Julian was always alone and I hated to see it, so I played with him.

The coven was always surprisingly kind and reassuring. They understood the measure of what I had to go through day by day. Why does he want me dead? What did I do? Was Julian trained to hate me? How in the world could that sweet innocent boy, become obsessed with destroying an entire family?

"I'm in, I'll tell the council."

Adrian nodded his head and lets out a shaky breath, obviously pleased with my decision.

"But promise me that these people won't hurt Sarah, and if they try to you will protect her."

Adrian stood up and walked close to me, his face nearing mine. The challenge in his eyes was aggravating, I tower over him and growl as he tried to intimidate me. No matter if he's a witch or not he's crossing lines you just can't uncross with me.

"I don't need to protect her, when the time comes you'll see how much power that girl stirs inside her body, it's intimidating to every witch that steps foot on this ground." He whispers into my ear with a smirk and I'm left confused as he leaves with a knowing chuckle. With new answers came new and more confusing questions. Adrian's visit was as enlightening as it was curious.

Sarah snores softly on my shoulder and I sigh, trying as hard as possible to find out why someone as passionate and kind as Julian, has threatened my mate.

He used to love me like family, and I used to treat him like a little brother. He listened to me and I took care of him. When I played with him and babysat him, I wasn't lonely. And neither was he.

But it was hard to remember him as the lonely boy I could empathize with. Just the thought of someone trying to hurt what's mine, makes me growl in anger and as my wolf grows angrier and angrier by the minute I'm Itching to stretch out of my skin and sink my jaws into someone intensifies. The urge to kill, destroy, and castrate whatever is trying to hurt my mate is strong and my knowledge of what's happening grows foggier and foggier.

 The urge to kill, destroy, and castrate whatever is trying to hurt my mate is strong and my knowledge of what's happening grows foggier and foggier