Chapter 10

(EDITED)

(EDITED)

I'm floating in the water. I can feel my mate trying to pull me out and I giggle.

I splash the water in his direction and he groans.

Smiling, I grab his hand and pull him towards me.

His beautiful eyes look into mine with faux annoyance and I giggle as he comes to me anyway. He smiles at me with laughter and he pulls me flush against him. We hug for what feels like an eternity, the magnificent feel of his skin against mine lighting me up with delight.

"I love you, Adonis."

His hands caress my cheeks and he looks me in my eyes. The look in his eyes is haunting as a single tear falls down from one of his eyes.

"I love you too." He glances down at my lips as he speaks. "I've never loved someone like I do you."

He kisses me softly, his soft lips pressing against my own gently. I smile into the kiss and hum.

"So please," he begs. "Don't ever leave me."

"I won't."

"Promise me."

"I promise, Adonis."

I feel a surge of power flooding through my body. I'm no longer floating in the water and I don't know where I am.

It's dark in here and I'm lying flat on my back. Electric charges are shooting up and down my body but I can't move. I'm paralyzed.

I try to pry my mouth open so I can speak but it's glued shut. Glancing down at my legs proved to be almost impossible. It was painful and claustrophobic.

Bubbles start floating in the air, purple bubbles. I feel like popping them. Like a child, I feel like lifting a finger and popping the bubbles. But I can't even lift my fingers. They feel prickly- like the feeling you get when you sit on your legs too long. I can't speak. I can't even laugh and, yet, my mind is at ease.

How would Adonis behave if he were here with me? His blue eyes flash inside my mind and I suddenly find the idea amusing. Him? Here? He would struggle and fight and growl and roar until he could hold me. Until he could pop all of the bubbles with me by his side. I have the urge to giggle but I can't. I feel a sharp pain in my side and I growl. Bubbles start to surround me and pop very close to my ears and I can't move.

My ears start to ring loudly. Something nips at my legs and I rip away from whatever had its hold on me; whatever was holding me down and keeping me silent. I scream.

"AGHHHHHHHHHHH!" The sound echoed against my ears and a magenta energy or force of some sort escapes from my mouth.

A gasp escapes me as I shoot up out of my bed. I feel like I'm invincible. Everything that's happened in the last couple of days seems to be so unimportant.

'We're so much stronger now Sarah,' What I think is my wolf whispers into my soul.

I look into my mate's beautiful blue eyes which are filled with concern. His eyebrows are furrowed and tears are streaming down his face.

Adonis mustn't worry about me this way. He'll end up growing depressed and hurt and that breaks my heart. He has so much on his plate, already, he needs a clear in-biased head.

"I'm okay Adonis, don't cry."

His pain is my own but I need to be strong. What confuses me is: Why exactly we're in pain?

"Y-you flatlined. You almost d-died. You almost left me."

Oh. That's why.

He hugs me and pulls me into his broad chest and while he cries, I cry because something is heart-wrenching about listening to the love of your life, a man who rarely even looks sad, sob.

I look up into the mirror behind him, to see if I look as dead as I feel, I gasp.

My eyes are the same magenta as the ones in my dream...
_____________________

Author's Note:
It's nice to be back guys. I hope that you guys don't hate me because of the lack of updates.

What do you guys think is going on? Comment on your theories.
XOXOXOXO