Chapter 9

(EDITED)Since Sarah woke up, about three days ago, she has barely managed to stay awake

(EDITED)
Since Sarah woke up, about three days ago, she has barely managed to stay awake. She'll wake up for an hour or so and then fall asleep for the remainder of the day. Sometimes, she'll wake up in the middle of the night, at around four thirty, but it never lasts more than thirty minutes.

For the past couple of days, I've been throwing myself into my pack work. While she sleeps, I have time to catch up on finance-related issues and organize some pack functions. Sarah deserves to wake up to a well-organized pack, and she will.

I've started organizing more jobs, for poorer pack members: pack mail delivery man, pack newspaper team- to alert more people of new jobs, clubs, and pack social gatherings-, things like that. I've made plans to build a couple of movie theaters and restaurants. I've made it more simple, for people around town, to establish their businesses.

The problems that my pack had were simple; we have too high of a population and not enough job opportunities. So far, the town is making a lot of progress. We weren't exactly struggling to begin with but with these new adjustments, we'll have a more stable foundation.

Adrian and I have found a couple of ways to help Sarah. He told me that when the time was right; I need to be able to take drastic measures and allow myself to be captured.

He didn't exactly tell me what would happen to me after this happens and I'm starting to doubt him after he decided not to help me with Sarah the other day.

If I go through with the plan; Gregg will be the acting alpha of the pack and Jake will be the beta while I'm gone. They're the only people who I trust to run this pack besides me and Sarah.

I run my fingers through my hair as I glare at the contract in front of me. I groan in frustration because I can't concentrate on the reading, but, I don't want to sign it without reading it. That's a rookie's mistake and I've been a businessman far too long to make that kind of mistake.

I push my chair out of the desk and leave my office, slamming the door behind me. Heading down the stairs, I walk into the conference room with my head held high.

I send a text to Sarah's family:  Meet me in the conference room. We need to talk.

"Sage, where's your mother?" I ask once she walks into the room.

"Where she always is. Why?"

"We need to talk."

Sage looks a lot like her sister right now. Her nose is just as cute and her hair is just as curly and her frame is just as tiny... seeing her, makes me miss Sarah's eyes. Hearing her, makes me miss her voice. I just want to cuddle up with Sarah and forget all the stress in the world.

"Okay, well, do you know when she's coming? I want to make this quick."

When the door to the conference room opens, I sigh in relief.

"The pack doctor told me that there is something about Sarah that isn't normal for a werewolf. She told me that there is a possibility that she isn't just a werewolf and that she has something else in her blood," Sage's eyes grow wide in surprise and Jessica's skin pales. "I need to know everything that you do so I can help her."

"It's rare in our family," Jessica whispers. "I didn't think that she would have it. I didn't think any of the girls would."

"Have what Mom?" Sage asks, her voice sharp and accusing. "What haven't you told us?"

Jessica looks at me and then back at her angry daughter.

"She's an oracle. I'm sorry I didn't tell you girls about what you could have grown up to be, but, I thought that it was just a myth. When my mom told me-"

I skip the family drama and leave the conference room. Running in the hallway, I head straight toward the room that Sarah is sleeping in.

Hitting the on-call button I say into the speaker: Dr. Smith please report to the pack house, room two thirty-five. I repeat please report to the pack house, room two thirty-five.

I grab onto Sarah's hand firmly and notice that the sparks are fading. I look up at her face and realize that the color in it is fading. My heart starts beating erratically in my chest as I begin to get scared. I press two fingers on her neck and I lose all the breath in my body when I realize how faint her heartbeat is.

Dr. Smith walks into the room and I stand up immediately.

"Her pulse is weak and her hands are cold. I don't know what to do. You said you couldn't do much, before, because you didn't know what she is. Well now you have to do all you can, she's an oracle."

Dr. Smith was pacing across the room and getting supplies. She hurried to attach a couple of wires and stuff to her body. The heart monitors that she attached her to wasn't beeping as fast as it should've been.

"She's flat-lining." I heard one of the doctors say. My vision went hazy and I squeezed Sarah's hand.

"Sarah, I know you can't hear me. But I love you so much; everything that you do is perfect for me. The way you laugh. The way you smile. The way you can be so innocent yet sexy all at the same time. The way you can calm me down even when I'm about to shift. I miss you so much, baby. Please don't leave me," I kiss Sarah's soft cheek. My lips lingered on her soft face "I miss you."

The heart monitor starts beeping wildly and more pack doctors start to rush into her room. A tear runs down my face when I hear the excruciating sound of my mate dying.

"She flat-lining, grab the paddles." I hear a doctor say and then my ear starts ringing as I sob silently.

Beep, Beep, Beep.

I look up, my eyes are now large and hopeful. Her heart beat starts to beat regularly and I sigh in relief. Sarah will be ok.
When I look up at Sarah her eyes are a beautiful lilac colour with blue specs in them. She looks so different and so beautiful. But I couldn't care less I'm just glad that I have her back.

She's never leaving me. Ever again.

 Ever again